Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi wiring

ericungerdds
Follower

Orbi wiring

I live in log home with post/beam  WIfi has always been poor.  pay for 1 gig service but sometimes get 60-70mps  and other places 300mps.  Just spent 6 hrs with builder and was able to run cat 6 cable from modem to several areas of house.  my question is this.

currently orbi RBR 50 router is plugged into fios modem with ethernet.  should I plug switch into orbi router or into Fios modem.    All Orbi satellites will be coming out of switch .   also one tv will be connected with ethernet since we stream   should this be plugged into fios model or into switch.  THanks   ahead for any help.

one last question.  I currently have an outdoor rated orbi satellite   there is no ethernet connection  available on the out door unit.

i can get an ethernet wire to this area.  is there a different outdoor unit that i can use with the RBR50 that has an ethernet connection

the current set up goes offline quite a bit.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi wiring

@ericungerdds wrote:

currently orbi RBR 50 router is plugged into fios modem with ethernet.  should I plug switch into orbi router or into Fios modem.    All Orbi satellites will be coming out of switch .   also one tv will be connected with ethernet since we stream   should this be plugged into fios model or into switch.  THanks   ahead for any help.

one last question.  I currently have an outdoor rated orbi satellite   there is no ethernet connection  available on the out door unit.

i can get an ethernet wire to this area.  is there a different outdoor unit that i can use with the RBR50 that has an ethernet connection

Switch would plug into the Orbi so that every device in the building is controlled by the Orbi.  (That takes one port on the Orbi).

Some switches do not seem to do well with Orbi satellites (a frequent discussion topic on the forum).  If your satellites do not function correctly  when connected to the switch, two of them could bypass the switch and go directly into the remaining two Orbi ethernet ports.

Alas, the RBS50Y is the only outdoor rated Orbi satellite.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7