Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi with ATT Fiber

Joshiajay
Aspirant

Orbi with ATT Fiber

I'm trying to set up my new att fiber connection with my Orbi router. I get good speeds from speed test if it connects but often get webpages hanging up when loading. Netflix takes forever to start. Yesterday I tried using the orbi as a pass though device which didn't work well. Today I have tried a bunch of stuff putting the Pace 5268AC gateway into DMZ mode (selecting the orbi as what I want to pass through not typing the IP address, turning off IVP6, and changing the DNS to google DNS. Nothing seems to have helped much. Should I go back to pass though with the google DNS? Should IVP6 be off?

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
gfrey
Apprentice

Re: Orbi with ATT Fiber

I have ATT Fiber also.  Best option is to turn your ATT Fiber Router into bridge mode and leave your Orbi in it's default router mode.  I think there were some other issues with the router ATT supplied me but I can't remember off the top of my head.  I think it had a built-in firewall that I turned off or something.  It had nothing to do with Netflix or other issues you are reporting though.  I think it had to do with my IP cameras.  After you reconfigure your ATT router then I would suggest you make sure the Orbi has the latest firmware then factory-default the Orbi settings.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
gfrey
Apprentice

I have ATT Fiber also.  Best option is to turn your ATT Fiber Router into bridge mode and leave your Orbi in it's default router mode.  I think there were some other issues with the router ATT supplied me but I can't remember off the top of my head.  I think it had a built-in firewall that I turned off or something.  It had nothing to do with Netflix or other issues you are reporting though.  I think it had to do with my IP cameras.  After you reconfigure your ATT router then I would suggest you make sure the Orbi has the latest firmware then factory-default the Orbi settings.

Message 2 of 4
Joshiajay
Aspirant

Grey, Did you figure out the settings yourself or did someone from att help you?
Message 3 of 4
gfrey
Apprentice

I did it myself.  My Router had Wifi builtin so I had to login to disable all of that crap.  Login stuff was on the bottom of the router.  Just needed to hook my laptop up to the Ethernet jack on the back.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7