Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi with apple TV horribly slow

horbath
Aspirant

Orbi with apple TV horribly slow

Hello

I'm using Orbi at home. Several devices are hooked up to it (Sonos, iPhone, iPad, PC's) and all work fine. I have gigabit fiber so speeds are ok.
However I bought an Apple TV 4th gen redently (not the 4k version) and I experience horrible speeds with it - as low as 0.01 Mbs bit usually not higher than 1 Mbs. The signal appears to be fine - 3 or 4 marks (from five). iPhone , iPad at the exact same location gives me 40-50 Mbs. First I thought of a faulty Apple TV but is is sometimes capable of the same speed at that location. When I move it next to the router, it does 5-600Mbs, so I guess the Apple Tv is ok.
Sometimes router reboot helps and speed goes up to 40-50. Usually the Apple TV restart does not make any difference so I suspect it is a problem of the router, but it is specific to the apple TV. Since purchase, both Orbi and the Apple TV have got a minor software update, but no difference. I also tried factory reset on the Apple TV, but again, no difference.
Pls help I'm ultimately puzzled.
Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 4
Wizec
Apprentice

Re: Orbi with apple TV horribly slow

Check your connected devices page and if the Apple TV is connected on the 2.4Ghz band, try lowering the power for 2.4Ghz on the Advanced Wireless Settings page to 25%
Message 2 of 4
horbath
Aspirant

Ok, will try it tonight, thanks!
Message 3 of 4
horbath
Aspirant

Ok, I tried. Did not work out at all 😞 everything is the same as before. The only remedy is router reboot.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7