Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi with telephone support?

RayScott
Follower

Orbi with telephone support?

I want to replace my Xfinity modem/router with an Orbi modem/router as part of a Mesh system but I use the Xfinity phone service in my home so my Xfinity modem/router has two phone jacks to provide that service.  Are there plans to provide a phone capablity on the Orbi modem/router at some point?  Is there another way to solve that problem using a phone-to-ethernet 'gismo' on one of the Orbi modem/router ports?  Thanks for your help.

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi with telephone support?

The only NG modem that supports phone is the CM1150v;

https://www.netgear.com/images/datasheet/networking/CableModems/CM1150V.pdf

Not plans for the CBK40 to have phone support. 

You could either keep the current modem or go with the CM1150v then hook up a Orbi RBK## system as your router and wifi system. 

Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi with telephone support?

@RayScott wrote:

I want to replace my Xfinity modem/router with an Orbi modem/router as part of a Mesh system but I use the Xfinity phone service in my home so my Xfinity modem/router has two phone jacks to provide that service.  Are there plans to provide a phone capablity on the Orbi modem/router at some point?  Is there another way to solve that problem using a phone-to-ethernet 'gismo' on one of the Orbi modem/router ports?  Thanks for your help.

The only way to keep Xfinity phone service is to keep the Xfinity modem.  You could dump Xfinity phone service in favor of one of the numerous VOIP phone services.  There are at least a dozen.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7