Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi with wireless printer

Chadmack
Follower

Orbi with wireless printer

I just recently set up Orbi with router and one satellite. All devices and coverage are great, only issue I have is my Brother Multi-Function wireless printer (MFC-J4510DW) will no longer print. When I set it up it sees 2 signals from the Orbi (one for router and one for the satellite - confirmed this by turning off the satellite and only saw one SSID). The error I am getting is that the devices I am trying to print with are not on the same network (even though all devices are on same SSID network). This is confirmed by brother by not being able to go to the local Web management site of the printer from any device.

I called brother and netgear and seems neither can help. Anyone have any idea?

Thanks,
Chad
Message 1 of 10
rtbinbend
Tutor

I am having the same problem with the same printer.  It is connected to my network but I can get any machines(Windows, Mac, or mobile phone) to actually connect and print.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 2 of 10
st_shaw
Master

Connect the printer using wired Ethernet.

Message 3 of 10
Bing-Stroller
Luminary

Doesn't that totally defeat the purpose of having a wireless printer ?
Message 4 of 10
st_shaw
Master

@Bing-Stroller wrote:
Doesn't that totally defeat the purpose of having a wireless printer ?

Not if wired is the only way to connect the printer to the network.

The OP and one other poster both said this printer will not connect wirelessly to Orbi.  Assuming that's correct technical information, then they need to connect the printer via wired Internet. Problem solved. Or they could buy a new pritner...

You can still print to the printer wirelessly from any WiFi device on the network.

Message 5 of 10
rtbinbend
Tutor

Problem solved.  Even though the printer was connected and my devices could see it, they couldn't print to it.  I reset the printer to its factory settings, deleted all drivers from my computer and then started fresh as if I had just unboxed the printer and that did the trick.

Message 6 of 10
Mikey94025
Hero

Thanks rtbinbend for your update.  It seems that the drivers "remember" specifics about the wifi connection or IP address such that they cannot print if the printer is connected to a new wireless network.  It's unfortunate that there are so many reasons why wireless devices can fail after replacing a modem and/or router... We are still far from "plug and play" right now.

Chadmack (the OP) - Have you also tried uninstalling & reinstalling the printer drivers on one of your clients and see if that fixes your printing issue?

Message 7 of 10
qaxorivet
Aspirant

回复: Orbi with wireless printer

It seems that you facing network issue while printing. Check LCD screen of your printer and notice that is there any error displayed on it? If yes, then fix it by using appropriate solution for it. But also keep in mind that sometimes printer errors are occurs due to corrupted driver files, poor and bad version drivers, also becuase of old PC updates etc. Get more information and troubleshooting ideas like above in Brother MFC-J4510DW Manual and get rid of your problem. 

Message 8 of 10
j_t_g
Guide

The post from rtbinbend also solved my problem. On my brother printer, under network, I selected reset network settings, and used the WLAN setup wizard to re-connect to the Orbi. On my Mac I deleted my printer and then re-added it. After this, wireless printing worked as expected.

Message 9 of 10
jdpone
Aspirant

Thanks for this post! It helped me with a Canon printer. I reset the LAN settings to factory, re-setup, and all works now 🙂

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 19 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7