Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi worked for 3 months, then dropped Internet completely

agrince
Aspirant

Orbi worked for 3 months, then dropped Internet completely

I bought an Orbi RBK50 with two satellites back in October 2019. It worked well until a couple of weeks ago when it dropped its connection with the Internet. I didn't change anything. I have tried setting it up again multiple times with no result. The satellites are powered on but they don't sync with the main unit no matter what I do.

I looked up similar complaints. It said SOLVED and had a link to a solution, but there was no solution at the link and the topic was closed. 

Can anyone please help me. Is it just broken?

There doesn't seem to be any Netgear support. Please tell me if there is. I paid quite a bit for the system and this is very disappointing.

Geraldine

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi worked for 3 months, then dropped Internet completely

Please post about this over in the Orbi AC forum for your model Orbi:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/bd-p/Orbi

Thank you. 

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

Power OFF the ISP modem and RBR for 30 seconds then back ON. 

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

@agrince wrote:

I bought an Orbi RBK50 with two satellites back in October 2019. It worked well until a couple of weeks ago when it dropped its connection with the Internet. I didn't change anything. I have tried setting it up again multiple times with no result. The satellites are powered on but they don't sync with the main unit no matter what I do.

I looked up similar complaints. It said SOLVED and had a link to a solution, but there was no solution at the link and the topic was closed. 

There doesn't seem to be any Netgear support. Please tell me if there is. I paid quite a bit for the system and this is very disappointing.

Geraldine

Message 3 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

post in another forum...and now more questions...???

wow and wow

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@agrince wrote:

Geraldine

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7