Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi

BigOrod
Follower

Orbi

So, do I disconnect from my old router on my modem. I think mine is a combination of both on my modem/router. So i got the Orbi for better connection throughout the house. So do I just login all devices to Orbi? Can I still use the other one as well?

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Orbi

@BigOrod wrote:

So, do I disconnect from my old router on my modem. I think mine is a combination of both on my modem/router. So i got the Orbi for better connection throughout the house. So do I just login all devices to Orbi? Can I still use the other one as well?

Well not much info on here. 

what modem/router combo device are you using? if it is a combo device, I recommend putting it in gateway more or passthrough mode. Otherwise you'll have a double nat setup that will cause issues. 

https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT

Should you not choose to do so, I wouldn't recommend running your combo device's wifi and the orbi wifi as well. this will just add interference to the Orbi setup. Orbi is fairly robust and can run quite a few devices. 

You also have the option of putting the orbi in AP mode if you don't want to put your combo device in passthrough/gateway device mode. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7