Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi

JSchepers
Aspirant

Orbi

Good afternoon,

I might be asking a question that has been answered multiple times before...

When installing an Orbi system, 1 router, 3 access points, do the 3 AP's have to be in reach of the router or does one AP forward the signal to another one? The reason I'm asking the question is because in the manual of the Orbi system, the drawings seem to suggest that all AP's have to be in reach of the router. My desired setup would be to have the router at ground level and then one AP per level. Will this work?

Thank you for your time and support.

Br,

Jérôme

Message 1 of 4
BBB73
Apprentice

@JSchepers wrote:

Good afternoon,

I might be asking a question that has been answered multiple times before...

When installing an Orbi system, 1 router, 3 access points, do the 3 AP's have to be in reach of the router or does one AP forward the signal to another one? The reason I'm asking the question is because in the manual of the Orbi system, the drawings seem to suggest that all AP's have to be in reach of the router. My desired setup would be to have the router at ground level and then one AP per level. Will this work?

Thank you for your time and support.

Br,

Jérôme

Hi, the satellites can forward the signal from the router when the option Enable Daisy-Chain Topology is enabled under Advanced > Advanced Setup > Wireless Settings.

Message 2 of 4
JSchepers
Aspirant

Thx for your swift reply. It makes sense but I can't seem to find any reference of this option in the manual. Is it a recent addition?

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7