Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi

Crackers61
Follower

Orbi

I have to say this was the worst buy I have ever made, and only keeps getting worse. Disconnecting on internet multiple times an hour. I have replaced it with an eeero which works perfectly. As I purchased this only in August I am looking for a refund, it is unserviceable and not fit for market. NETGEAR should be ashamed of themselves and I see a class action lawsuit coming.
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Would need more info but seems like your not wanting to accept any help. It's not always Orbi that can be the problem. Other factors contribute to bad operation with Orbi. 

My two Orbi systems work just fine. 

Good Luck. 

Message 2 of 5
vajim
Master

How can we help you?

Message 3 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I agree. This product is an abortion. I have had issues from day 1 that they dragged their feet on it for two months so I couldn’t do a refund. I have an open RMA for replacement as I bought the extended warranty. Does me no good as I need to send them the device before I get a replacement. I had to factory rest today and it took 4 attempts before I was able to get it up and running. Was minutes away from picking up an eero 3 pack and selling the Orbi on eBay.

Latest problem - unable to get to the admin console unless I unplug the router. Sometimes goes days without issues. Some time multiple times a week. Traffic still moves.

Original problem / issues - web site clearly states works with Alexa / Google Home. Previous Orbi device did. Enable Alexa skill and bark orders to get router info, disable guest network ... Has never worked on my $700 device.

Their service sucks and they want me to pay.
Message 4 of 5
twospirits
Aspirant

I on the other hand, did not do so well with the eero, which led me to the Google Wi-Fi which led me to the Orbi. 
With the Orbi, no issues really with the system except maybe placement error on my part. Recently I bought a RBS40V with Alexa and that (on a scale of 1 to 10, with ten being me wanting to blow my brains out) was a 6. I decided to instead go buy one of those converted RBR50 to RBS50 units. In the meantime that its on its way, I attempted to tackle the RBS40V install one final time and this time I managed to get it installed and working fine. So I don't know whether to keep the RBS40V or the incoming converted RBR50. Regardless, of all three wi-Fi mesh systems the Orbi has been the best to install and run (even with the RBS40V hiccup).

Now if only Netgear would make the Arlo camera system and Android app better (in terms of use and not missing out on shots when I need them the most) then I'll be really happy. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7