Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi

bwlone
Aspirant

Orbi

I am considering the purchase of an Orbi to try to improve internet signal through my home. The thing that concerns me is the possibility of dropping a pretty good chunk of money down, only to find out my signal is so poor to start with that no matter what I do the signal can only be so strong regardless of what kind of router or mesh network is in place. I live squarely behind a big hill that interferes with signals of all kinds, so maybe I am just out of luck? Opinions please!

Message 1 of 4
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Orbi

The hill would have no impact on your signal within the house.  Only other radio waves and walls would affect it.

Message 2 of 4
bwlone
Aspirant

I guess what I am trying to decide is whether the sometimes spotty wifi has more to do with interference before it gets to my router, or whether it is more likely other devices, walls, etc. interfere within the home. If the former is true, I would guess there is only so much that can be done to improve, wheras the latter would probably be improved by a device like the Orbi. 

Message 3 of 4
loomis1975
Luminary

How does the internet get to your Router?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7