Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi

davidloepp
Aspirant

Orbi

Well I’ve decided to go against all my years of using a router and bought an Orbi. As much as I wanted to get the Nighthawk AX8 or wait for Orbi’s Wi-Fi 6 to come out, I needed to get something now. Just too many devices where I feel my router is taking a beating and the fact it’s 3 -1/2 years old is a contributing factor as well. I get 30 days to try it. All satellites will be hardwire so I hope there won’t be a disappointment in speeds and range. Wish me luck.
Model: RBK43| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi

Oh yes, of course, if there going to be wired, then distance can be much greater as they wont be depending upon wireless backhaul and DS would need to be disabled anyways in that configuration. 

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

I've enjoying mine. So has my friend down the road:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-firmware-update-v2-1-4-16-availability/m-p/1592753/highli...

Good Luck Smiley Wink

@davidloepp wrote:
Well I’ve decided to go against all my years of using a router and bought an Orbi. As much as I wanted to get the Nighthawk AX8 or wait for Orbi’s Wi-Fi 6 to come out, I needed to get something now. Just too many devices where I feel my router is taking a beating and the fact it’s 3 -1/2 years old is a contributing factor as well. I get 30 days to try it. All satellites will be hardwire so I hope there won’t be a disappointment in speeds and range. Wish me luck.

Message 2 of 6
davidloepp
Aspirant

Forgot to ask??? Did NETGEAR update the firmware for this unit on the satellites being able to talk to one another or is it still where they only can communicate with the router only. Also what’s the max amount of satellites that can be added. Thanks
Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

You mean Daisy Chain? It's been there. Though maybe some issues. DS should be working as of v32 at least. Saw odd issues with v210. 

Seen some have up to 6 on the RBS50. Not sure if the 40 series would do the same. I think officially they support 3.

Reminder that adjust the Orbi and add additional satellites for the size of the home and placement seem to start at 30 feet in between the base and satellites. 

Message 4 of 6
davidloepp
Aspirant

Yes Daisy Chain. Now when you say 30 feet between Router and Satellite your only talking initial setup right. Since their all going to be hardwire to each other I hope the distance apart can be greater than 30 feet.
Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Oh yes, of course, if there going to be wired, then distance can be much greater as they wont be depending upon wireless backhaul and DS would need to be disabled anyways in that configuration. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7