Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi

myates399
Aspirant

Orbi

When I run a speed test through the orbi app it is say 600-800 mps.  I have the 1G speed with Optimum.

But when I run the Okla Speedtest either on my iphone 11pro Max or on my connected desktop to the Orbi Router, it gets no higher than 225.

Any ideas why? and how I can release the speed outside the orbi?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
Mstrbig
Master

Re: Orbi

@myates399 wrote:

When I run a speed test through the orbi app it is say 600-800 mps.  I have the 1G speed with Optimum.

But when I run the Okla Speedtest either on my iphone 11pro Max or on my connected desktop to the Orbi Router, it gets no higher than 225.

Any ideas why? and how I can release the speed outside the orbi?

The Orbi Speed Test is more of a connection speed test, than an actual speed test. You will get different results depending on what server you choose in Ookla's test. Some servers may not be fast enough too busy for an accurate test. I just chose 3 different servers and got 3 different results. One was slow, another fast and the 3rd fast again.

Message 2 of 5
myates399
Aspirant

Re: Orbi best performance

How do I ensure that I am getting the most from my Internet speed through my Orbi.  I just ran the speed test on fast.com and it was between 200-350 when I am supposed to have 1g through Fios.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 5
vajim
Master

how much do you need?

you'd be surprise:

https://www.highspeedinternet.com/how-much-internet-speed-do-i-need

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Due to antenna design and support on phones, 2x2 you'll not see anything near 900Mpbs. Usually maxes out at around 300-500Mpbs on 5Ghz AX. Wireless speeds exeeding 400Mpbs usually needs 4x4 antenna support. 

@myates399 wrote:

How do I ensure that I am getting the most from my Internet speed through my Orbi.  I just ran the speed test on fast.com and it was between 200-350 when I am supposed to have 1g through Fios.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7