Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi

bythebay
Aspirant

Orbi

Hello,

I need some help with the resetting the admin/password for Orbi RBK50.

I purchased the RBK50 from Amazon as an openbox from Amazon Warehouse 03/29/21 and received it today 04/01/2021.

The setup process was a breeze on the app until the "Login Requried" section where the username is: Admin

Since this was a previously returned item, I'm pretty sure the person that returned it had previously setup a password

and also completed the password recovery questions section and so far I haven't found any answers on how to reset this.

I can provide serial # and proof of purchase if needed.

Thanks!

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
bythebay
Aspirant

Re: Orbi

Dang, didn't think it was that easy! I will do that and Thanks!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

@bythebay wrote:

Hello,

The setup process was a breeze on the app until the "Login Requried" section where the username is: Admin

Since this was a previously returned item, I'm pretty sure the person that returned it had previously setup a password

and also completed the password recovery questions section and so far I haven't found any answers on how to reset this.

Just do a Factory Reset on the router and the credentials will be reset to "admin" and "password."

The WiFi will be set to what it printed on the product label.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMw4ePACgc4 

Good Luck

Message 2 of 7
bythebay
Aspirant

Dang, didn't think it was that easy! I will do that and Thanks!
Message 3 of 7
alexusman
Aspirant

I agree that Orbi system needs to support hard wired ethernet backhaul.  I have had so much trouble with my satellite that I have actually just turned it off.  I see posts in which Netgear employees acknowledged the need for this feature.  How long should it take?

Message 4 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

@alexusman wrote:

I agree that Orbi system needs to support hard wired ethernet backhaul.  I have had so much trouble with my satellite that I have actually just turned it off.  I see posts in which Netgear employees acknowledged the need for this feature.  How long should it take?

This entry appears to have been added to the wrong post.  The Orbi system already supports ethernet backhaul between satellites and router and also between satellites.https://kb.netgear.com/000051205/What-is-Ethernet-backhaul-and-how-do-I-set-it-up-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-Sy... 

Message 5 of 7
johnalex
Aspirant

Not saying it doesnt support it. I am saying that the RBR50 and RBS50 are flaky and hard to manage when setup in backhaul mode. I have both the base and satellite connected to the same switch (unmanged switch made by Netgear) and the base station still shows a magenta light thinking its offline, Internet works, and i can only use the orbi app if my iphone is connected to the base stations wifi, not the satellite

Message 6 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

Could you make a rough drawing of how the modem, Orbi router, switch, and Orbi satellite are all connected?

Is it:

modem---Orbi router---switch---Orbi satellite and other devices?

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7