Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi104 RBR50 Problem connecting to Archer VR1600v Modem

Tatah
Aspirant

Orbi104 RBR50 Problem connecting to Archer VR1600v Modem

Hi I have an Orbi104 Router and satellite. Both were working perfectly on my previous modem. We have now changed to a new server and have an Archer VR1600v Modem. With the help of the new server I was able to connect the router and satellite which appeared to work for a short time. However there were some websites that I could not access and kept getting the

404 error and after a short time the satellite stopped working even though it indicated that it was. The main Orbi Router continued to work. I returned to the server for help but was told that I needed to reconfigure the Orbi and I have no idea how to do this. Thanks 

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Tatah
Aspirant

Re: Orbi104 RBR50 Problem connecting to Archer VR1600v Modem

Thank you for all your help. We finally resolved the problem by changing the ethernet cable that came with the Orbi104 (which had worked perfectly with the old modem) to a heavier cable for the nbn modem. As soon as we did that WOW! All working perfectly.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Your modem already has a built in router.

Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem leaving it in router mode and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router. https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop

@Tatah wrote:

Hi I have an Orbi104 Router and satellite. Both were working perfectly on my previous modem. We have now changed to a new server and have an Archer VR1600v Modem. With the help of the new server I was able to connect the router and satellite which appeared to work for a short time. However there were some websites that I could not access and kept getting the

404 error and after a short time the satellite stopped working even though it indicated that it was. The main Orbi Router continued to work. I returned to the server for help but was told that I needed to reconfigure the Orbi and I have no idea how to do this. Thanks 

Message 2 of 6
Tatah
Aspirant

Thank you will let you know how I go 

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 6
Tatah
Aspirant

Thank you for all your help. We finally resolved the problem by changing the ethernet cable that came with the Orbi104 (which had worked perfectly with the old modem) to a heavier cable for the nbn modem. As soon as we did that WOW! All working perfectly.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Good to hear. CAT6 LAN cabling is recommended. Enjoy.Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements