Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi20 vs. Orbi50

ekhalil
Master

Orbi20 vs. Orbi50

I returned my RBK23 because of the many issues I had with it, and got an RBK50. Mainly because there was no Beta software to test for the ORBI20! 🙂

I noticed the following major differences between te two products:

- The backhaul radio is much stronger in the Orbi50 than in the ORBI20. Although my router is now at a much longer distance than the Satellite the status of the backhaul connection is always Good (Green). In the ORBI20 it was almost always Poor.

- The latency is much less in the ORBI50 than ORBI20. It's less than half of the latency in the 50 than in the 20. Also I noticed that the Satellite in the ORBI50 does not add any noticeable latency on the router's, unlike in the ORBI20.

- I also tried the wired backhaul in both, and it's much more stable now in the ORBI50, but this can be because of the improvement in the new software (2.2.1.210)?

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Orbi20 vs. Orbi50

Hi ekhalil, 

Thank you for sharing those observation. When it comes to coverage, RBK50 is better than RBK23. Please be informed as well of the fixes and enhancement included on the latest firmware 2.2.1.210: 

Bug Fixes:

• Support for Orbi Voice
  • Orbi Outdoor Satellite support in Europe & Australia
  • Stability & performance related bug fixes 

New features and enhancements:

• Bug fixes for Ethernet backhaul

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats