Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi50 AP Mode and VLAN

PM_13
Tutor

Orbi50 AP Mode and VLAN

Hi,

On the Orbi configuration UI I see that there is an option for VLAN and I can assign it to one of the port on the back.

So I am thinking of creating a VLAN and then connect the assign port to pfSense and use this VLAN specifically for few IoT devices.

The question, if in the above configuration Orbi is switched to AP mode then will the VLAN continue working? I hoping it would so that I can use pfSense for DHCP across the entire network including wireless devices.

Thanks.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

@PM_13 wrote:

Hi,

On the Orbi configuration UI I see that there is an option for VLAN and I can assign it to one of the port on the back.

I believe if you click  "Help" at the bottom of the page, it will say that the VLAN capability is to support IP television.  Orbi does not support the sort of VLAN's that corporate environments use to segregate different groups of user devices.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

@PM_13 wrote:

Hi,

I believe if you click  "Help" at the bottom of the page, it will say that the VLAN capability is to support IP television.  Orbi does not support the sort of VLAN's that corporate environments use to segregate different groups of user devices.

Message 2 of 3
PM_13
Tutor

@CrimpOn wrote:

@PM_13 wrote:

Hi,

@CrimpOn thanks...that was quick and painless...almost borderline humane Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7