Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi85

mwatsont
Follower

Orbi85

I have an Orbi85 with one satellite and having speed issues.  Even standing next to the router, I was getting speeds of around 20mbps.  I reset both router and satellite and immediately got speeds closer to 300mbps.  About 45 min later, I retested and speeds dropped to around 60-80mpbs everywhere in the house using different devices to test (even standing next to the router).  The internet to router speed still tests around 300mpbs.  Why would speeds drop like that for no apparent reason?  How can I get them back up to above 200mpbs?

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi85

Orbi85 is not a model #. Please specify the actual model of the Orbi listed on the sticker under the unit. 

For Orbi 3##/7##/8## model series, please review first then post in the following forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

For Orbi 10/20/30/40/50 series systems, please review first then post in the following forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/bd-p/Orbi

Thank you. 

Message 2 of 4
plemans
Guru

also make sure you post more details. 

Like: 

firmware:

modem/gateway its connected to? 

Device you're speedtesting on?

How you're testing speeds? built in speedtest? using an app? hardwired? 

Details are key in helping. 

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@mwatsont wrote:

I have an Orbi85 with one satellite and having speed issues.  Even standing next to the router, I was getting speeds of around 20mbps.  I reset both router and satellite and immediately got speeds closer to 300mbps.  About 45 min later, I retested and speeds dropped to around 60-80mpbs everywhere in the house using different devices to test (even standing next to the router).  The internet to router speed still tests around 300mpbs.  Why would speeds drop like that for no apparent reason?  How can I get them back up to above 200mpbs?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7