Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: OrbiAC3000 ethernet ports not working

JPTPKE
Follower

OrbiAC3000 ethernet ports not working

I installed an Orbi AC3000 RBK50 router and 2 RBS50 Satellites.  Wifi works great with an extensive Ring security cam setup.  However, I connected my previous hardwired devices (TVs, receiver, Dish Hopper/Joeys, XBOX1, etc.) to ethernet ports directly at the router and to a satellite, and could not connect to the internet.  Error message on the TVs was that they were connected to the network, but no internet.  I plugged in a Windows7 laptop that I hadn't used in a while and that connected to the network AND got internet.  That was connected to a satellite through ethernet connection through a switch, but other things connected to the satellite through another switch did not work.  Multiple switches are to run ethernet to the rest of the house.  A direct connection to the satellite then has a swith at the entertainment center to run ethernet to TV, receiver, cbox, etc. These ethernet ports are supposed to have internet, right?  And not just be to connect things like printers to the network?  Any suggestions?   

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: OrbiAC3000 ethernet ports not working

Has all other devices been powered OFF, then connected to the routers LAN ports, then powered on?

Ensure all devices are set up Automatic IP addressing and not using a Static IP address.

What is the Mfr and model# of these switches? Power them OFF as well then back on. Then plug everything back into them.

What is the distance between the router and satellites?

Disable Daisy chain on the router, apply and reboot.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7