Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

OrbiOS 2.0 availability

AmitR
NETGEAR Employee Retired

OrbiOS 2.0 availability

Announcing the availability for OrbiOS 2.0. 

This release includes 2 community requested features that we're happy to deliver: 

1) Daisy Chain - which allows Orbi Satellites to talk to each other.  This extends the reach of the Orbi system, especially in long or tall floorplans.  

2) Improvements to the Attached Device page, which will now show which Orbi each device is connected to, and over which frequency (2.4 or 5GHz).  This page also shows how each Orbi Satellite's upstream Orbi is. 

3) Due to field feedback, we've brought back the Radio Transmit Power control

4) Allows you to rename devices & your Orbi Satellites via orbilogin 

It also has many bug fixes and incremental improvements   

We will be pushing this firmware through auto-firmware upgrade over the next several days, but if you want to manually upgrade, download the firmware and upgrade through orbilogin.com -> Advanced -> Administration -> Firmware Upgrade

Here are the links.

RBR50/RBS50:    https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBR50.aspx#download

RBR40/RBS40:    https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBK40.aspx#download

RBW30:                 https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBW30.aspx#download

Orbi Product Team

Message 1 of 6
rajis
Guide

Re: OrbiOS 2.0 availability

Thank you for the post.  I have been experiencing issues where Genie gives an error message.

"There was an error signing in, pleae make sure you're connected to the Internet and try again."

This error has been occuring since the 1.11.0.20 firmware and continued with the 1.12.0.18.

When I updated to the 2.0.0.72 earlier tonight, initially parental controls seemed to work, but then the error message came back.  I can log into netgear.opendns.com using the same credentials I try to log in with through Genie, so this doesn't seem like an authentication issue

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 2 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Rajis,

If you Google the error you'll see Netgear have been suffering that problem on their devices for years. If you do a factory reset it works for a few days then the problem reappears. I have the same issue but got nowhere with Netgear support so just gave up. You can setup your own OpenDNS account and change the Orbi DNS servers to work with it. You don't get the 'per device' funtionality though. 

Message 3 of 6
rexet
Guide

My admin interface is proposing me to update to the 2.0.0.72 firmware (I was running beta 2.0.0.64). I clicked on "update" and after few minute my router upgrade to 1.11.0.20?? What is happening here?

Message 4 of 6
rexet
Guide

Ok I reboot and now it shows the 2.0.0.72 firmware. Strange behaviour.

I really hope this firmware will solve all our issues, I don't want to come back to this forum again 🙂

Message 5 of 6
AmitR
NETGEAR Employee Retired

This isn't really the right forum to be opening bugs, but can you PM me your contact info and I'll have someone look into it.  

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 17 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7