Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: OrbiOS 2.1.1

tomsliwowski
Apprentice

Found a bug with firmware V2.1.2.10. None of my port forwarding seems to be working after the update.

I tried removing and re-adding but no joy. 😕

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 76 of 372
larryindublin
Luminary

"Found a bug with firmware V2.1.2.10. None of my port forwarding seems to be working after the update.

I tried removing and re-adding but no joy. "

This is the kind of thing (if validated and no very very odd setup) that drives us a little nuts. What sort of testing process doesn't check core functionality like this? I hope it's a one off config issue and not broken across the board. My setup seems pretty stable and it is nice to see what's REALLY connected to each router/satellite.
Message 77 of 372
morrisseysb
Apprentice

I just checked mine...all 3 of mine ARE working with the beta.  i will also add that mine are working with NO-IP dynamic dns service.  

Message 78 of 372
tomsliwowski
Apprentice

Capture.PNGChecking some more I see that some are working.

For example in the screenshot above, RDP, Plex and Subsonic seem to be working while FTP, Ombi, and the 3 cameras are not. I also noticed I can no longer connect to my OpenVPN server.... 😕

Message 79 of 372
dpdurst
Luminary

System running all day after update at 2am

CPU running at 14%, 5 devices connected to SAT and the rest are connected to Router. Ram usage is low, remote access to camera's and other things during the day was spotless. So far pretty happy.

About port forwarding, I have 8 devices including 6 camera's they have all been working all day after the update

And my wireless printers are back to working normal again..

With that said what's this LED light thing, haven't found anything in the software on it

Message 80 of 372
loomis1975
Luminary

LED light control is only for the Outdoor Satellite.  It shows up on that Satellites listing on the Attached Devices page.  You can control the LED light on the bottom of the Satellite.

Message 81 of 372
dpdurst
Luminary

Thanks, would be cool to have some control over them on the router and sat too..

Message 82 of 372
loomis1975
Luminary

Is there a BETA for the RBS50Y Outdoor Satellite?  I noticed the downloads section doesn't have any firmware listed for this device yet.

The lastest firmware I have for the RBS50Y is 2.1.2.6 from the RBS50Y Beta Testing.

Message 83 of 372

Due to the ongoing software issues I purchased a Velop mesh system to compare the two.
The Velop arrived today and just as I updated the Orbi to 2.1.1

The main issue I am still having on my orbi is that it is connected most my devices onto the 2.4ghz band and the speeds I am getting upstairs away from the router are very slow (30mb out of 200mb) and only 1 bar for signal strength.

I set up the velop and while the speeds are not great I am getting 70 odd mb and 2 solid bars of signal strength.

Not sure if I should return the Orbi or if there is somethng that could improve the coverage/speeds?

I placed the Velop in the exact same location as the Orbi and conducted the tests from the same location on the same device as well...
Message 84 of 372
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

This beta firmware only fixes the issues that amit posted in bullet points all other issues are still being debugged and worked on to be fixed in upcoming betas and firmware releases.

DarrenM

Message 85 of 372
dpaugro
Tutor

@dpaugro wrote:

@dpaugro wrote:

Update: one of my satellites keeps showing a blue ring. Diagnosing.

I unplugged and replugged it. Blue light went away after a minute or two, which is longer than the stated 10 seconds on the KB site. I'm watching uptime on that satellite. The other satellite has not exhibited problems and uptime indicates no restarts since I upgraded firmware.

All devices are running on 2.1.2 nearly 19 hours since resyncing the satellites in an attempt to stabilize them. CPU of router is presently around 11% and satellites are around 19%. Family reported no outages today.

My daughter's old Samsung Nook is on the network. Not sure if that's a version of Android I should worry about. She doesn't use it for much any more, so I could disable the antenna.

Model: RBK33| Orbi Plug-In WiFi System
Message 86 of 372
larryindublin
Luminary

Will be rolling back tomorrow. 2 reboots in last 6 hours. At least .74/.76 were fairly stable for me...
Message 87 of 372
aclosedmind
Tutor

Odd behavior for me after upgrading to the beta firmware.  I'm in AP mode with wired backhaul between my router and 3 satellites.  One satellite now shows ALL wireless devices connected to it.  The other two satellites have every WIRED device on my network showing as connected, nothing wireless.  The Orbi router does not show any connected satellites, as before.  Occasionally during reboots it will briefly show my satellites in the satellite section with a "not connected" message.

Message 88 of 372
aclosedmind
Tutor

Sorry, I should say that it says "disconnected" in backhaul status intermittently.  Oddly now I show one satellite as "connected" with an incorrect IP address.  I have IP addresses set by MAC address in my router on the 10.0.x.x subnet, but right now it shows that one connected satellite on the 192.168.1.x subnet

Message 89 of 372
jasonjason
Guide

2.1.2.10 seems to have done nothing to help my stability issues. I installed it 3 hours ago. Have had at least 2 noticeable drops since then, one of them 41 minutes ago. Both times, my phone is sitting next to me (Pixel 2 XL), I pick it up, turn it on to check Twitter, and every single device is kicked off of the networkr while the Orbis reboot.

This is the same thing I've experienced for a month now. It's beyond frustrating.

Message 90 of 372
aclosedmind
Tutor

After a lot of messing around and reconfiguring/resetting, I have currently settled on the following configuration:

Orbi Router in AP Mode- nothing plugged into WAN port, main switch plugged into one of the LAN ports

3x Orbi Satellites - each has the LAN2 port plugged into the same main switch (or connected switch) that connects to the Orbi Router on a LAN port

My actual router is a Nighthawk x10 plugged into that same main switch as everything else.

In this configuration, the Orbi router's basic attached devices page shows all 3 satellites rather intermittently.  Sometimes they show as 5G, othertimes they show as wired.  satelliteinfo -d wifi shows 1 or 2 but never all 3 satellites.  Oddly, the status of 5G or wired never matches what is shown in the web gui.

Connected devices on the satellites vary from showing nothing connected, to some wifi clients, to a mix of wired and wireless clients.

Aside from the always on magenta LED due to the lack of anything plugged into the WAN port, funcionally everything appears to be working but it is ugly.

Message 91 of 372
Cotedan
Apprentice

Beta 2.1.2.10

Unfortunately my experience with the Netgear Orbi will contradict to end tonight. 

I installed the latest beta software on the router and the two satellites that I have. It’s seemed to be working mostly well. Tonight I got a child fork error as I tried to open the web browser. Also got the same error when I tride to open it from another laptop and on my iPad. 

From that point, Things were disconnecting, wired things were showing up as wireless and vice versa etc. Did a factory reset on all three units. Difficulties continued afterwards.

Message 92 of 372

Installed the beta and I can confirm that it shows devices on the correct Orbi devices. But only the wireless connected devices. All wired devices show up on the router. I can live with that but thougt I report it anyway.

The router and the 2 satellites all have a ProSafe GS-105E (so 3 in total) connected to them and both satellites are connected by ethernet backhaul to the router. All devices, either connected to switch on satellite or switch on router, show up as connected to router.

I haven't had any issues with reboots, before or after beta install, so far after the update everything works fine for me!

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 93 of 372
AF1E
Guide

In general, this build is better and more stable for me.  However, I am having to reboot at least once a day since my HDHomerun Quatro loses it connection--HDHomerun setup cannot see the 4 tuners.   The HDHomerun is connected directly to one of my satellites and the satellite has a good connection with the router.  I suspect this is a UPNP issue that is still unresolved.  I have had one reboot caused by my Android phone.  So for now I am sticking with this build and not going back to 74 since my stability is improved but still remains not very good.  

Message 94 of 372
morrisseysb
Apprentice

Has anyone een able to get the wired backhaul to work with a direct connection between sat and router?  I could only get it to work with sat-switch-router setup.  I got the intermittent pink light on the sat without the switch.

Message 95 of 372
nXXo
Apprentice

I'm not sure but I think cable backhaul isn't active yet.

Message 96 of 372

@morrisseysb wrote:

Has anyone een able to get the wired backhaul to work with a direct connection between sat and router?  I could only get it to work with sat-switch-router setup.  I got the intermittent pink light on the sat without the switch.

I have the latest firmware installed, for me it doesn't matter if I use a switch or connect them to the ethernet ports of the router, they both work.

However, the first time I tried connecting the satellites to the router I did switch of all devices, then switched the router on and let it boot and then switch on the first satellite and let that boot and then switched on the second satellite. And be patient, it takes some time.......  (if i remember correct)

Message 97 of 372
southflguy
Star

I literally gave up and got an eero Pro system.  Rock. Solid. 

Message 98 of 372
njweb
Luminary

@DarrenM wrote:

This beta firmware only fixes the issues that amit posted in bullet points all other issues are still being debugged and worked on to be fixed in upcoming betas and firmware releases.

DarrenM

Thanks Darren. When you say only fixes those issues, can I assume KRACK is also considered an "issue" (by your definition) as well, meaning the beta does not include the KRACK patch that 2.1.x.x do, correct?

Message 99 of 372
Greyhawk68
Star

Okay, here goes.  I pulled out the Eero, and put the Orbi back in with the new firmware to see how it goes.  I want this to work so I can save myself $500 and return the Eero system.  That said, if the Orbi isn't any better than it has been, the Eero becomes the permanent fixture.  Wish me luck.

-Grey

Message 100 of 372
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7