Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: OrbiOS 2.1.4.10 on RBK30 feedback

OrbiOS 2.1.4.10 on RBK30 feedback

During testing phase of OrbiOS 2.1.3.-- It fixes alot's of issue that we were having. After Netgear finally rolling out 2.1.4.10 I'm very pleased to say this is one best release. Netgear has fixes all of the issues and is one of the most stable OrbiOS. 

The only thing with new OrbiOS is that it didn't update the satelilite. The satelilite is still running the beta version 2.1.3.6. 

Can anyone tell me how to update the satelilite & how to restart the satelilite and the base together???

Couple of minor downside is with reliability. - I have set my orbi system like the Base is mid-back of house and satlilite is mid-front of house. When I go to my driveway at front of house the WiFi doesn't seem to work even I'm getting 3 bars. 

- Sometimes I notice the Orbi is connecting to 2.4Ghz rather then on 5Ghz. 

Model: RBK30| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Try locating v2.1.4.10 for your satellite model here?

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/orbi.aspx

You can manually download the file and manually install it if there is an update avaiable.

Message 2 of 6

Thanks for the reply. But the problem is Netgear hasn't release the 2.1.4.10 to RBW30 "mini satlilite". Netgear didn't release entire OrbiOS 2.1.4.10 weblink for all Orbi devices for manual update. So, I couldn't find the update for RBW30. 

I also heard on Orbi tread is that if satalite is running older & Base running newer version then entire Orbi system will be unstable and Orbi will run un efficiently, 

So, anyone Please get in touch with Netgear and release the update??? 

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

They might not be ready to release it as of yet. You can contact NG support and ask them about this as well. Maybe they can give you the version, IF it's ready. 

Is the RB30 not working for you with it's current version of FW? 

Message 4 of 6

for me RBK40 is working but it's not reliable. It's basiclly the main unit doing all hard work. Out of 13 devices only up to 4 devices connected to mini satlilite. 

For the update, I'll wait for couple of days to see if the netgear fully deploy the 2.1.4.10 to mini satlilite and rest of the Orbi devices. If the device didn't release the update then I will contact Netgear support. 

Also, would anyone please tell me how I can restart mini satliliite & main unit??? 

Thank you, 

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

I to have the 40 seres model. Many devices connected to the router unit with just a couple at the remote satellite location. 

You can retart the router from it's web page UI, under Advanced tab when you select it. There is a reboot button there. 

The satellites don't have any reboot funtion so you would need to pull the power plug for 30 seconds them plug in. Or Power button if it has this button on the back. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7