Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

OrbiOS 2.1.4 + Homekit

djfatal
Aspirant

Re: OrbiOS 2.1.4 + Homekit

The beta firmware did help get my HomeKit devices working again however I am experiencing router reboots or disconnections a few times a day. 😞

Message 101 of 114
Jkgreene
Aspirant

The download links still don’t work and neither did the one linked in the Dropbox
Message 102 of 114
AC641
Luminary

@Jkgreene wrote:
The download links still don’t work and neither did the one linked in the Dropbox

What do you see and what message do you get when trying to download from my Dropbox area?  Send me a Private Message with an e-mail address and I'll e-mail them to you if you wish.  I only have the RBR50 & RBS50 files saved as that's the kit I have.

Message 103 of 114
mrbofus
Aspirant

None of the links from the first post are working.  It keeps asking for a file code?  Also, I was hoping Netgear would get their act together and publish non-beta firmware to fix the HomeKit issues, but it's been 3 weeks, so it doesn't look like it's a priority for them...

Message 104 of 114
usahale
Star

Very disappointing that they pulled versions that worked for HomeKit users. As far as I can tell there’s no explanation why the links are dead. I still am running the ‘bcg’ version waiting patiently for a more official update. 

Message 105 of 114
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

The links have been updated and should work now.

DarrenM

Message 106 of 114
ivyhill
Tutor

The RBS20 and RBR20 firmwares are saying that they are the incorrect file type when I try to upload, very frustrating about to take this damn thing back! 

Message 107 of 114
narduk
Tutor

What is the timeline for the proper auto update fix? I looked through the forum and saw the last few firmware updates were released at about a monthly cadence. Its been about a month since the last firmware was released.

I'm trying to decide if I should do a manual update or if I should wait until the permanent fix is released. I am having trouble with some of my HomeKit devices. I am in the middle of a remodel so the house is not in typical fashion. Having HomeKit devices out of order is not as impactful as it ordinarily would be.

If the firmware is updated with this out of band manual break fix, will it automatically update when the proper fix becomes available? I do not wish to turn off automatic firmware updates. I do wish for it to automatically update when the proper fix becomes available. 

Do we have any technical details on the firmware update here? What's the underlying issue here? What's the change to improve HomeKit reliability? Are we installing a work around that has additional impacts on the network? What's the difference between this break fix update and the proper fix that will be pushed to everyone?

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 108 of 114
KrikkeDR
Tutor

Is an update for the VPN certificate encryption also planned?

MD5 has been outdated since April 30th. Now we have to compromise on security in order to run the VPN server, by using an outdated OpenVPN version.

Message 109 of 114
bwc_
Guide

I've been having HomeKit troubles for about a month, and am so glad to stumble upon this update. Hopefully Netgear is monitoring this post, because I had another issue with the router that started happening with about the same timeline. 

My iPhone 8+ would frequently hop off of the router and start using cellular data. So much so, that I used up my data plan before the end of the period for the 2nd time in 10 years (the first time was while travelling) I work from home, so for me to use this much data is *really* unusual. There are no spots in my house or on my property that have low coverage. Also, I live in an area of hardly any service, so there's no situation where the cell signal stregnth is stronger than my WiFi signal.

I've installed the beta firmware. I hope it addresses both the HomeKit and the iOS issue.

Message 110 of 114
bwc_
Guide

@ivyhill wrote:

The RBS20 and RBR20 firmwares are saying that they are the incorrect file type when I try to upload, very frustrating about to take this damn thing back! 

this happened to me when I tried to load the RBR software onto the satellite. Winds up they're two different files. Everything about the administration of the router is unintuitive. They really need to hire a UX designer. Everytime I'm in the admin area, I wish I'd just bought an Eero.

Message 111 of 114
mrbofus
Aspirant

Is anyone else getting email updates about new replies to the thread that are not showing on the website?  I've gotten emails this morning about a new beta 2.1.4.16 version, but those three replies are not showing here.

Message 112 of 114
cheshbr
Apprentice

This morning I tried to open three emails, the links in which produced a page that included this message.  The three emails started with one from DarrenM about a new firmware upgrade.  Finally I got through because here I am, but if I go back to the emails I still get the Access Denied message.  I have made no changes to my login  what gives ?4E8FF807-5B3E-4289-9200-CC853264022D.jpeg

Message 113 of 114
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

A new beta firmware has been posted for homekit issues and more you can find it here.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-firmware-update-v2-1-4-16-availability/m-p/1584969

DarrenM

Message 114 of 114
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7