Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: OrbiOS 2.1.4 availability

budy
Luminary

Then, at least try it the other way round. Poweroff both satellites, then poweron the one which has to use the wired connection and monitor your network while you wait for it to register to the router. If that has been sucessful, poweron the other satellite, with the LAN cable unplugged and wait until it also registeres with the router, then plug the LAN cable in.

Model: RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 151 of 258
Matjuhnl
Tutor

Thank you so far, I'll keep you updated. Not home ATM to try...

Message 152 of 258
RavenFan80
Guide

I purchased the google wifi 3-Pack a month ago and it has been ROCK SOLID (zero drops) and blazing fast. Very reliable system that doesn’t get enough recognition but the Amazon/Best Buy reviews of th product had me sold. 

Message 153 of 258
RavenFan80
Guide

Same issue(s) and tested the Google Wifi and will not be going back to Orbi. The systems CRUSHES the orbi when it comes o stability and is also comparable when it comes to speed.

Message 154 of 258
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I have the RBK50 with 3 satellites and have been virtually trouble free for about 9 months.  This new firmware is now causing several internet disconnects/day which I have never had before.  Using a CM1000 cable modem.

Message 155 of 258
aucman
Star

On this firmware still the same disconnect issues. This is insane. Andorid mobile devices are almost unusable. Every few minutes disconnect issues. Incompetent developers at NETGEAR. Why bundling Orbi with tons of feuture if the basics are not working?? Better to spned 600 euros on whores than this **bleep**. I checked forums of other products and no other product has so much issues. Its insane for this price to have so much trouble.

Model: RBK30| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System, RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 156 of 258
RJD
Star
Star

We’ll only had my Google Wifi (3 pack) up for 4 days but so far not a single drop, no f’ing about with reset this reset that, unplug this unplug that. Netgear Orbi mesh i’m Afraid to say after 16 months of messing about with it just sucks. Happy for those small percentage that have no issues and hope many non technical users are having success as it would be aweful for them but so far Google Wifi for me is awesome.
Message 157 of 258
aucman
Star

We have to realize that Orbi is one of the most expensive mesh out there. And one with them most issues of all. This is unacceptable for NETGEAR. Unplug this unplug that, restart this restart that, turn on this turn off that. This is unacceptable. 600 euros and youtube videos are freezing in the middle of playback. I would not be pissed if this mesh would be one of the cheapest ones. But paying premium and then get one of the worst performance on the market is pure robbery. And NETGEAR is resolving issues like forever. Its like almost a year when the first issues have appeard and still crapy firmware. Do they have students, interns and junior developers on this system? 

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 158 of 258
Heliix
Guide

I did not pay $525 for a WiFi system to be NETGEARS beta testers!!!! 

Give us the ability to disable auto upates..

2 updates 2 bricks.. 

please stop by to sign the petition to give us the abiltiy to disable auto updates 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Petition-to-disable-auto-updates/m-p/1561982#M29828

Message 159 of 258
tagteam
Virtuoso

Message 160 of 258
cheeky
Tutor

ARG!!! Now I'm having the same HomeKit issues I was having after the botched 2.1.2.x update. The Home app is expeiencing consistent issues with 'not responding' devices when they are clearly online and connected.

Repeated issues with devices not responding that was only solved after going back to V2.0.1.4. I got to enjoy 2 weeks of blissful stability after you pulled that update. Now you've FORCE AutoUpdated to 2.1.4.10 and I'm having the *exact* same issue.

The inability to control how and when my hardware is updated is a HUGE problem. You have a bug in this firmware that clearly maifests itself after updating OFF 2.0.1.4 and I cannot go back to the last stable firmware version without the damned thing autoupdating nearly immediately after downgrading.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 161 of 258
budy
Luminary

Homekit relies solely on mDNS (aka Bonjour). There are a number of apps available on iOS and macOS, which will tell you which Homekit devices are present on your network. Look for the HAP entries and verify, that the IPs of your Homekit devices are present. If they're not, than something might be blocking the mDNS broadcast on your network.

As far as I can tell, nothing has changed between either 2.1.2.18, 2.1.3.4 and 2.1.4.10 regarding Homekit, but I do have only one Homekit-Bridge on my network.

Message 162 of 258
ZoneMaster
Apprentice

Something MUST have changed in the 2.1.4.x! I updated to 2.1.4.14 last week (& I was probably running 2.1.4.10 just prior to that).

I lost ALL mDNS/Bonjour discovery late last week for the first time ever.
Message 163 of 258
RavenFan80
Guide

I have the GOOGLE WIFI and have ZERO issues since I’ve purchased 30 Days ago. Gave the Orbi 8 months of chances but the issues were just SURREAL considering this supposed to be NetGears premiere product.
Message 164 of 258
yoot678
Aspirant

Dont know if this will help anyone . anytime i plugged in one of my satellites  via a wired connection , the whole network whould crash . i then reflashed the firmware on that satellites . now im back up with both of my satellites using a wired connection .   

Message 165 of 258
budy
Luminary

I know that people never should have to do this, since this is the responsibility of the manufactuer, but have you ever tried running tcpdump or Wireshark on your LAN to see, if the Orbi router - when in router mode and I guess this is the reason, I am not experiencing this, is blocking the mDNS multicasts? I know the setting up some probing can be cumbersome, but it may be worth it.

Message 166 of 258
Yanic
Initiate

We installed latest firmware last week, non stop daily crashing. I want to return this crap paperweight of a router. Fed up of Orbi support. Or lack there of. Stop bricking routers and be transparent
Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 167 of 258
Matjuhnl
Tutor

First of all I have to say that this is redicilously stupid from Netgear. They should at least keep us informed.. AT LEAST!!!

What I tried yesterday;

Situation: I already have 1 router and 1 satellite running wired without any problems. In order to expand my WiFi range I bought a new satellite. My plan was to install this wired as well. After doing this my whole network crashed last week. I turned this satellite off and everything came back online and started running as before.

After asking some peole's advice I removed the wired connection on the satellite side. Then I powered the satellite back on and waited 10 minutes to make sure it was started up. After that I plugged the wired connection back in. After some minutes (+/- 5) everything was back online and 2 wired satellites showed up in my connected devices.

I think I have to start all over again when the next update arrives. I'm affraid of getting this new update while im on the other side of the world (which I am frequently for work). In this case my whole home automation (40+ devices) will not work. Since my girlfriend isn't that technical I do have a huge challenge telling her what to do.

Please Netgear, be smart.. Make sure stability is always no.1 priority.. Of course we like gadgets and nice to have stuff but that's only priority no.5.

Message 168 of 258
morrisseysb
Apprentice

Mine worked ok for a few days then last night nothing would connect and stay connected.  I was able to back up my config settings on a wired computer.  So i actually re-imported those settings and so far it is working.

Message 169 of 258
Philiposan
Aspirant

Amit thank you and your team for you persistence in improving the Orbi product and its firmware. I am a new user and installed about 3 weeks ago. I did download the 2.1.4.10 firmware Version for both the main router and the two satellite units. While the system runs beautifully and fast (often over 290 mps) I still am getting problems with drop off of the Internet once or twice a week which requires me to power down the router to get it to reset. Since the new firmware update I have not had to power down and reset my Comcast Wi-Fi modem however and that is an improvement. Is there a possibility that a new firmware update will make the system more stable so it doesn't drop off? Or is there a setting I should consider right now in the system control software to eliminate the problem? 

Message 170 of 258
St3rMiN4ToR
Tutor

Rif.: OrbiOS 2.1.4 availability

Hello,

I want to thanks NG for this awesome update. I have a RBR40 / RBS40 and I had the 2.0.0.56 firmware with lot of disconnects and issue on all devices. Now, with this new update, my system is finally STABLE and all is working well. No disconnects at all since the firmware’s release.

Regards.
Message 171 of 258
tsig
Luminary

Rif.: OrbiOS 2.1.4 availability

@St3rMiN4ToR

Blasphemy.  You should know just by reading this forum that Orbi and its firmware are utter garbage and work for no one.

Except for those of us who have never had an issue and it kicks butt.  

Message 172 of 258
tsig
Luminary

@RavenFan80 wrote:

Same issue(s) and tested the Google Wifi and will not be going back to Orbi. The systems CRUSHES the orbi when it comes o stability and is also comparable when it comes to speed.

I have had 0 issues with my Orbi system, so tell me how the Google wifi can possible crush it?  Orbi has better speeds and more network connections at the satellite and wired backhaul.  For YOU, perhaps, it works better.  It is not a better system.  I bet if I spent 10 minutes reading on a google wifi, eero, or velop forum I can find just as many unsatisfied customers.

Message 173 of 258
tsig
Luminary

@Heliix wrote:

I did not pay $525 for a WiFi system to be NETGEARS beta testers!!!! 

Give us the ability to disable auto upates..

2 updates 2 bricks.. 

please stop by to sign the petition to give us the abiltiy to disable auto updates 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Petition-to-disable-auto-updates/m-p/1561982#M29828

If the first update brickeded your system, how could you possible appy a 2nd one?  

Message 174 of 258
DanimalC
Tutor

@tsig
I have had Orbi for over a year and just switched to a google Wi-Fi and I have to agree, it crushes Orbi in many areas mostly in stability, ease of setup and Google integration (ability to configure the router away from home using the app). My WiFi speeds are almost the same as I got with Orbi except now my Wi-Fi no longer drops when
my kids are in the middle of a game, as Orbi has done for the entire year I had it no matter what firmware rev I ran on them. Also, Google prompts and ASKS YOU if you would like to perform a firmware upgrade. I have never had a hardware manufacturer PUSH a firmware out without user input.

I have been in IT for over 30 years and I am Cisco certified (CCNP). It is simply unacceptable to have a router that randomly stops routing internet traffic and drops your Wi-Fi connections no matter how fast your backhaul is (when it works). I have never been happy with orbi since the day I borought it home and now I have never been happier with a home WiFi as much as I am with Google WiFi. Even my kids commented on how much better the Wi-Fi has been this week.
Message 175 of 258
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7