Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

OrbiOS 2.1 ethernet backhaul - only 10Mbps

thebishop
Apprentice

OrbiOS 2.1 ethernet backhaul - only 10Mbps

Great that ethernet backhaul was just added. Unfortunately, I can't get more than 10Mbps when connecting to the satellite that uses it - neither using a hardwire connected to the satellite, nor using wireless.

Connecting wirelessly to the main router gives a few hundred Mbps over 5Ghz and usually 500+ with a wire. I have previously successfully used the same cables directly and got a 100Mbps link for this remote port... 

Have anyone seen more than 10Mbps remotely?

Is there any way I can see which link speed that was negotiated for the sattelite backhaul? Is there any way to tweak the handshake there to ensure I at least get the 100Mbps that should be possible?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
thebishop
Apprentice

Re: OrbiOS 2.1 ethernet backhaul - only 10Mbps

Ok, it seems to have to due to the fact that my client device was set manually to 100mbps since previously - changing it to auto detect would give a 1gbps link that seems to work as expected. Let’s disregard this for now until further testing....

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
thebishop
Apprentice

Re: OrbiOS 2.1 ethernet backhaul - only 10Mbps

Ok, it seems to have to due to the fact that my client device was set manually to 100mbps since previously - changing it to auto detect would give a 1gbps link that seems to work as expected. Let’s disregard this for now until further testing....

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7