Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: OrbiRBS50 stopped showing link rates

OrbiUser1212
Follower

OrbiRBS50 stopped showing link rates

Noticed after present firmware uodate, that my Orbi RBS50 satellites no longer show the link rate for connected devices. Tried rebooting and that didn't help.  Interestingly enough, the main router RBR50 is still showing link rates for connected devices even though it had the same firmware update.

Message 1 of 5
vajim
Master

What firmware are you running?

Message 2 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

@OrbiUser1212 wrote:

Noticed after present firmware uodate, that my Orbi RBS50 satellites no longer show the link rate for connected devices. Tried rebooting and that didn't help.  Interestingly enough, the main router RBR50 is still showing link rates for connected devices even though it had the same firmware update.

My Android Orbi app (v2.1.0.1395) is the same.  (Orbi Firmware 2.7.2.104) RBR50 router shows Link Rate, RBS50 satellite does not, RBS40V does.  Scott's Excel SOAP spreadsheet does not get Link Rate or Signal Strength from devices connected to the satellite.

Looks like an "oops" in the new satellite firmware.

Also, the Android Orbi app now appears to think that Parental Controls is "on" and believes I have 113 devices in my "Home".  34 connected and 79 not connected.  Orbi web interface does not contain any link to Parental Controls. Perhaps that is now an "app only" feature? (Like sound control on the RBS40V can be done only on the app, not from the RBS40V web menu or Orbi router menu.)

Message 3 of 5
orbcad
Guide

Yes I experienced the exact same problem on my RBS50. All deviced attached to it shows N/A as link rate and the wifi signal icon is always 100% (before several devices were 2 bars).

Everything is working as before but it would be nice if Netgear patched this so we can once again see precise connection statuses.

I have also noticed two devices attached to my satellite do not show up any longer in my "attached devices" list. If I log into the satellite and check, they are there but both the Orbi app and the direct connect via Browser do not list them at all. This is only 2 out of about 65 devices.

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 4 of 5
Cooker44
Initiate

Same issue here. No link rates being shown. I have two RBS50 and one RBS20 with RBR50 router
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7