Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbia not allowing streaming services or downloads

cj1228
Follower

Orbia not allowing streaming services or downloads

I bought this to be a plug and play type device, hoping it would allow me to switch away from google wifi. But I cannot download any apps or use streaming services using this device. I really have no technical expertise at all but find this very frustrating. I've read about using AP mode because I cannot bridge the modem. I don't know how to disable the wifi on my cable company's modem/router. Is it worth it just to return this and go back to google?

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

What about Google made you want to switch?

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

There maybe information out on the internet to help you disable the wifi on the Modem. You might ask your ISP to help you out as well. 

@cj1228 wrote:

I bought this to be a plug and play type device, hoping it would allow me to switch away from google wifi. But I cannot download any apps or use streaming services using this device. I really have no technical expertise at all but find this very frustrating. I've read about using AP mode because I cannot bridge the modem. I don't know how to disable the wifi on my cable company's modem/router. Is it worth it just to return this and go back to google?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7