Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbilogin not possible

Erwin66
Aspirant

Orbilogin not possible

I have a working Orbi setup with a RBR50 router in AP mode, and four sateiltes.
Can log in via the app on my phone, not a single problem.

But via any browser (Safari, Chrome, Firefox) on my MacBook via Wifi I can't anymore. I could a few weeks ago when the RBR50 was in router mode. Reset the browsercaches several times to no avail.
I keep getting this message below and I come in a cycle where i have to reset my password via registration of the serial number. I create a new password, but when i enter that I get this message again.

I need to get to the website because i need acces to advanced setup then possible in the app. 

401 Unauthorized

Access to this resource is denied, your client has not supplied the correct authentication.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 10
vajim
Master

Re: Orbilogin not possible

@Erwin66 wrote:

But via any browser (Safari, Chrome, Firefox) on my MacBook via Wifi I can't anymore. I could a few weeks ago when the RBR50 was in router mode. Reset the browsercaches several times to no avail.
I keep getting this message below and I come in a cycle where i have to reset my password via registration of the serial number. I create a new password, but when i enter that I get this message again.

I need to get to the website because i need acces to advanced setup then possible in the app. 

401 Unauthorized

Access to this resource is denied, your client has not supplied the correct authentication.

go back to router mode...lots of problems reported with ap mode

Message 2 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

"401 Unauthorized

Access to this resource is denied, your client has not supplied the correct authentication."

Be sure your inputting the right 'admin' and password values. Incorrect input would be a cause of this message

Mines in AP mode and don't have any problems logging in. 

@Erwin66 wrote:

401 Unauthorized

Message 3 of 10
vajim
Master

go back to router mode...lots of problems reported with ap mode

Message 4 of 10
Erwin66
Aspirant

There is a Xperiabox “in front” that is dealing with DHCP. There can only be one router off course. And there are (cabled) connections coming from that box.
If I change that box to “dumb” and the Orbi back to router, would the Orbi provide IP numbers to the equipment connected direct to the box?
Message 5 of 10
Erwin66
Aspirant

Firmware 2.5.2.4
And unable to check for updates (according to the smartphone app)
Message 6 of 10
vajim
Master

@Erwin66 wrote:
There is a Xperiabox “in front” that is dealing with DHCP. There can only be one router off course. And there are (cabled) connections coming from that box.
If I change that box to “dumb” and the Orbi back to router, would the Orbi provide IP numbers to the equipment connected direct to the box?

Try it 

Message 7 of 10
Erwin66
Aspirant

Ill try to go back to router mode. Unfortunately I have to try that via cable. Because the app doesn’t give that possibility .
Message 8 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Check the upstream modem router for the IP address of the RBR when in AP mode, you can use this IP address to log into the RBR when in AP node, I do this all the time with mine. So do others when in AP Mode. 

You can manually update FW as well if you want too which is available:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/RBR50-RBS50-Firmware-Version-2-6-1-40/m-p/1997895/highlight/tr...

https://kb.netgear.com/31573/How-do-I-manually-upgrade-firmware-on-my-Orbi-router-using-orbilogin-co...

@Erwin66 wrote:

Message 9 of 10
vajim
Master

@Erwin66 wrote:
Ill try to go back to router mode. Unfortunately I have to try that via cable. Because the app doesn’t give that possibility .

forget the app

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7