Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbilogin via Safari

netgrear_cm
Aspirant

Orbilogin via Safari

Router is up and running fine.  I'm having problems with my Canon TS9120 connection now.  It prints fine.  When I try to use the scanner, there is no connectivity. Worked fine prior to Orbi.  Wondering if one of the required ports is closed (TCP / UDP 8612). 

When I enter Orbilogin.com, or access directly via the IP, the only option I get is to change my admin password. Even if I change it, I am not able to do anything else.  I'm probably missing something simple, but not sure.  

Running OS/X 11.1 Big Sur and trying via Safari.

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbilogin via Safari

@netgrear_cm wrote:

I am trying the admin +password I used when I set-up the router - changed the default "password" to something stronger.

Several people who follow this forum use Apple products. At least one of them has mentioned a preference for Firefox (or Opera?) over Safari.  Otherwise, "I got nothin'".

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Contact the mfr of this product for help and support of there device. 

Message 2 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

@netgrear_cm wrote:

When I enter Orbilogin.com, or access directly via the IP, the only option I get is to change my admin password. Even if I change it, I am not able to do anything else.  I'm probably missing something simple, but not sure.  

Running OS/X 11.1 Big Sur and trying via Safari.

How was the Orbi router set up? (using the Orbi web interface or the Orbi "app")?

Orbi comes “out of the box” with two sets of credentials:

• A WiFi name (SSID) and password that are printed on the product label.
    (On the bottom of the product)
    Many users change these to something they like better.
    If the router is “Factory Reset”, the WiFi returns to these values
  • The Orbi web administration interface has user name “admin” (which cannot be changed)
    and password “password” (lower case). During setup using the web interface, the user
    Is badgered into changing the password to something “more secure”.

The Orbi “app” uses the customer’s Netgear login and password. I cannot find an option in the “app” to change the web interface password.

So, when using Safari to access the Orbi web interface, which credentials are you entering?

Orbi web interface "admin" plus password, or

Netgear login?

Message 3 of 6
netgrear_cm
Aspirant

I am trying the admin +password I used when I set-up the router - changed the default "password" to something stronger.

Message 4 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

@netgrear_cm wrote:

Several people who follow this forum use Apple products. At least one of them has mentioned a preference for Firefox (or Opera?) over Safari.  Otherwise, "I got nothin'".

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes, you need to use a web browser and walk thru the setup wizard. It will direct you to input an new more secure PW for the admin log in. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7