Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbing Modem just stopped working ... it's only 3 months old RBR40

rayhanania
Aspirant

Orbing Modem just stopped working ... it's only 3 months old RBR40

I purchased an Orbi RBR40 to use as a modem replacing the wifi from my internet provider (MediaCom in Illinois) and it worked great for three months and then just stopped working ... (Modem and 2 satellites)

There was a firmware update notice ... I tried to download it but it owuldn't download ... then two days later, it just stopped working ...

The App is worthless and doesn't help at all ... does anyone have any suggestions on what to do? Or should I juast go find another modem system that is more reliable?

Thanks

RAY

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbing Modem just stopped working ... it's only 3 months old RBR40

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

The RBR40 doesn't work as a modem, it's a router and has to be connected to a ISP modem or ONT for it to work right. 

To update FW you can manuall download FW files and use a wired PC and web browser to apply the FW updates to the RBS first, then RBR lastly:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/RBR50-RBS50-Firmware-2-5-1-16-Update/m-p/1897955/highlight/tru...

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7