Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbipro WiFi 6 . Admin WiFi default VLAN; Default VLAN wifi 2 and 3 , user separation.

Orbipro1
Aspirant

Orbipro WiFi 6 . Admin WiFi default VLAN; Default VLAN wifi 2 and 3 , user separation.

Instructions say admin wifi is the safest and should be used for admin functions. The wifi 2 and 3 show users can se one another but wifi 1 does not show users or devices can see on another.

how do i ensure user cannot see on another on 2 and 3 .  VLAN literature says crossover risk can occur if VLAN employed.  If wireless 1 is safest and what is the VLAN and how do i make 2 and 3 as safe?  

only wireless 1 shows on advanced setup screen. While 2 and 3 show on basic setup menu.  What is the most secure VLAN setting for 2 and 3?

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Orbipro1
Aspirant

Re: Orbipro WiFi 6 . Admin WiFi default VLAN; Default VLAN wifi 2 and 3 , user separation.

would it be safer if could not see other devices ? It seems is the wireless 1 setup.  How to setup for wireless 2?

Wireless 2 

Name(SSID)  home 3 2g

Broadcast Name  Off

Allow IoT devices to see each other and access my local network  On

Wireless AP

Wireless 1

Name (SSID)ORBI30

Broadcast NameOn

Wireless APOn

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Orbipro1
Aspirant

would it be safer if could not see other devices ? It seems is the wireless 1 setup.  How to setup for wireless 2?

Wireless 2 

Name(SSID)  home 3 2g

Broadcast Name  Off

Allow IoT devices to see each other and access my local network  On

Wireless AP

Wireless 1

Name (SSID)ORBI30

Broadcast NameOn

Wireless APOn
Message 2 of 3
Orbipro1
Aspirant

Moved to orbipro business forum.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7