Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbis RBS50 satellite crashes network with ethernet backhall

OD6572
Aspirant

Orbis RBS50 satellite crashes network with ethernet backhall

I have had the Netgear Orbi router with one satellite for the past year and it has worked flawlessly.  I have one satellite that was connected through Ethernet backhaul.    Up to three days ago, my network began to crashed slowly until nothing worked.  I factory reset the router and when I re-synced my satellite, it crashed again after about ten minutes.  I discovered if I did not connect backhaul through the Ethernet cable, it worked fine. Right now, I am running with the wireless backhaul it all is fine.

Has anyone else had this problem?

My router and satellite have the current firmware version (V2.7.3.22).

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbis RBS50 satellite crashes network with ethernet backhall

What do you mean by crashing>?

Did you first wirelessly sync the RBS to the RBR fully, then ethernet connect the RBS to the RBR? 

Is the RBS directly connected to the RBR or is there a LAN switch or patch panel in between them?

Try swapping LAN cables. CAT6 is recommended. 

Try connecting the RBS via ethernet to the back of the RBR while in the same room as the RBR. 

Message 2 of 3
OD6572
Aspirant

Re: Orbis RBS50 satellite crashes network with ethernet backhall

By crashing I mean, devices on the network look connection.  Most of them at first lose their connection to the 
WAN and then LAN connections seem to be intermittent and very slow if they respond at all.  

I sync and connect the satellite wireless and then connect a LAN (CAT 5e) and after a short time, devices start to have problems.  

There is a 16 port switch involved.  I guess I could try and bypass the switch and see if anything changes.  Nothing has changed on my network as far as hardware when the problem started.  

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7