Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbo Satellite blue light keeps turning on then staying on for a while

jimcall37
Aspirant

Orbo Satellite blue light keeps turning on then staying on for a while

I have two satellites, but only the one has the blue light turn on. I have reset it, resynced it, but it continues to have this issue. It was in the bedroom, but I switched it out with the one in the dining room so it doesn't disturb us at night. Distance shouldn't have been a factor as it was only 30 feet from the router.
Message 1 of 7
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Orbo Satellite blue light keeps turning on then staying on for a while

Welcome to the community, @jimcall37

What's the model of your Orbi?

Try to turn it off for about two minutes by pushing the on/off button at the back of it then turn it back on.

Message 2 of 7
jimcall37
Aspirant

Hi. The sattelite is the RBS50. I have tried multiple times turning it off, waiting, then turning it back on.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 3 of 7
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

How long have you had the kit?

When did you start experiencing that issue?

Have you tried moving it closer to the main router?

I suggest for you to reset it with a paper clip once again and if that didn't work register the kit in order to log a case. 

Message 4 of 7
jimcall37
Aspirant

Hi. I have owned the kit for a little over four months. The issue has been going on consistantly for about a month. I have reset it with a paper clip, but I certainly could try that again. The first time I reset it I had moved it much closer to the router.

Message 5 of 7
tagteam
Virtuoso

You can also try unchecking the "Enable Daisy-Chain Topology" box in the web GUI under Advanced>>Advanced Setup>>Wireless Settings.

When my system auto-upgraded to the 2.0.0.74 firmware, I discovered that box was checked and I believe it is the default. Regardless, the LED on one of my satellites was cycling from OFF to BLUE to OFF as it randomly connected to the other satellite and the router and back to the satellite. Unchecking the "Enable Daisy-Chain Topology" box resolved that issue immediately.

Message 6 of 7
jimcall37
Aspirant

Hi. I appreciate your suggestion, but unfortunately it didn't work for my satellite. So, it looks like I'm at a loss as to how to fix it.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7