Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orboi router solid magenta — no internet

mohdasti
Aspirant

Orboi router solid magenta — no internet

Hi,

I hope this is not a duplicate question. It's been hours that my ORBI router ring is purple (magenta). I unplugged everything. i rebooted the modem. I reset the modem. I reset the Orbi system 4 or 5 times. I went through everything I knew, but the issue still persisits.

What do you think?

Thanks!

I have RBR20 router and 2 RBS20 satellites

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
Mstrbig
Master

Re: Orboi router solid magenta — no internet

@mohdasti wrote:

Hi,

I hope this is not a duplicate question. It's been hours that my ORBI router ring is purple (magenta). I unplugged everything. i rebooted the modem. I reset the modem. I reset the Orbi system 4 or 5 times. I went through everything I knew, but the issue still persisits.

What do you think?

Thanks!

I have RBR20 router and 2 RBS20 satellites

Who is your ISP and what equipment did they provide?
What device is your Orbi router connected to?
Did you bypass the orbi and plug in directly to your ISP modem to see if you have internet
Did you reboot your ISP modem/router, before starting the new Orbi router install?
Have you checked or changed the network cable connected from the ISP device to your Orbi router?

Message 2 of 6
mohdasti
Aspirant

ISP : It's Carry Telecom (third-party of Rogers). 

Router is connected to the Hitron CGN3U modem. Earlier today, I bypassed the Orbi and I do have internet connection with their provided device.

Yes, I rebooted everything. Even pushed the factory-reset on both modem and router. I also changed the cable but the ring is still magenta.../ 

Message 3 of 6
Mstrbig
Master

@mohdasti wrote:

ISP : It's Carry Telecom (third-party of Rogers). 

Router is connected to the Hitron CGN3U modem. Earlier today, I bypassed the Orbi and I do have internet connection with their provided device.

Yes, I rebooted everything. Even pushed the factory-reset on both modem and router. I also changed the cable but the ring is still magenta.../ 

Is the Orbi in router or AP mode?

After you pushed the factory reset, did you re configure the router?

Message 4 of 6
mohdasti
Aspirant

The Orbi router was not in AP mode. I changed it, and now the magenta ring is gone but, I still do not have internet connection! That's really odd

And yes, I re-configured the router after factory reset.

(thank you by the way. I really appreciate it)

Message 5 of 6
Mstrbig
Master

@mohdasti wrote:

The Orbi router was not in AP mode. I changed it, and now the magenta ring is gone but, I still do not have internet connection! That's really odd

And yes, I re-configured the router after factory reset.

(thank you by the way. I really appreciate it)

See if this works:

Make sure your ISP router is set as a router and the DHCP server is active. Then reboot your ISP router.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7