Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orib Network Map Showing Rogue Satellite

mohsin106
Tutor

Orib Network Map Showing Rogue Satellite

When I open my Orbi App on my phone and click on network map I see it display my Hisense Roko TV as a satellite.

I'm not sure how this happend and I would like to know if there is a way to remove it from the network map? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Orbi App on my phone but that did not help.

orbi-network-map.png

Message 1 of 7
mohsin106
Tutor

Adding photo again

orbi-network-map.png

Message 2 of 7
plemans
Guru

Does it show up as a satellite if you log in through the browser and not the app?

Message 3 of 7
mohsin106
Tutor

Yes it shows up in the Web UI too:
orbi-webui-map.png

I also noticed that I don't see my Basement Satellite listed in the WebUI but it was listed in the phone App. I just hit remove on the Hisense Roko TV and rebooted my satellites. Will wait to see what happens.

Message 4 of 7
plemans
Guru

Let us know how the "remove" reboot option works. 

Message 5 of 7
mohsin106
Tutor

Removing the TV from the WebUI also removed it from the phone App. However, my basement satelite is no longer showing on the WebUI but is showing in the phone app. I wondering if I should perform a factory reset? What is the best method for doing a factory reset?

Message 6 of 7
plemans
Guru

You could try removing that one and resyncing. 

Or you can try the factory reset. There's 2 ways to reset. 

1. through the browser gui

2. through the hardware button. Push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds while powered on. 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7