Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Outdoor orbi

Karlbd60
Aspirant

Outdoor orbi

I just added the outdoor orbi. Everything works great but after a while during the day the connection to the internet is dropped.  I then reboot the router and it stays on a while then I have to do it again. It’s happened once or twice/day.  The firmware versions are the same for the router orbi and 2 sats but the rbs50y has different firmware.  All firmware is the latest according to the orbilogin page.  I thought everything had to have the same fw 

Model: RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Karlbd60
Aspirant

The rbs50y is closer to the router than a satellite. I’ll check into the solutions you mentioned. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
ekhalil
Master

The latest SW for RBS50Y is 2.2.1.204 according to the Support web page.

- When you get internet disconnected, do you see that the connection between satellite and router is disconnected in the web GUI or app?

- Is the RBS50Y nearest to the router or to one of the satellites? if closer to one of the other satellites it can be good to have "Daisy Chain" activated. Anyways it seems that for 2.2.1.210 you have to have Daisy Chain on so please make sure it's on.

- Please make a wifi scan and check which channels are being used for the backhaul and check if neighbors are using the same channels. It worths checking the backhaul channels for some time and see what channels were used when the RBS50Y is working well and what the backhaul channel will be when it disconnects.

Message 2 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials.

@Karlbd60 wrote:

I just added the outdoor orbi. Everything works great but after a while during the day the connection to the internet is dropped.  I then reboot the router and it stays on a while then I have to do it again. It’s happened once or twice/day.  The firmware versions are the same for the router orbi and 2 sats but the rbs50y has different firmware.  All firmware is the latest according to the orbilogin page.  I thought everything had to have the same fw 

Message 3 of 6
Karlbd60
Aspirant

The rbs50y is closer to the router than a satellite. I’ll check into the solutions you mentioned. Thank you.
Message 4 of 6
Karlbd60
Aspirant

Today the router didn’t skip a beat. It must have been a local problem with the connection.
Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements