Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: PC Satellites Ethernet Speed is same as Iphone Wifi Speed

PhantomMarth
Aspirant

PC Satellites Ethernet Speed is same as Iphone Wifi Speed

This has really been bothering me for months now. Ever since I've move to this house I purchase the RBR40 with the router and 2 satellites. I needed this because my modem is in the basement and I do not get any good connection when I'm upstairs. I decided to buy the router connect it to the modem, as well as put 2 satellites upstairs. One satellites is in the back room which is fine for outdoors since no one needs it for ethernet speed. But the one I have setup next to my PC is connected through ethernet. Countless times I have tried to look into the problem and troubleshoot. For these past months, I cannot find a solution for why the speed is so poor. I understand since the satelitte is wireless and not connected to the router my speed will not be near what I pay. But, I do not understand why the ethernet speed is the same as my IPhone WIFI speed. I have tried everything from fixing settings and factory resetting the router, to purchasing a couple new ethernet cables. Please help! Thanks in advanced to anything that reads this!

Message 1 of 7
Mstrbig
Master

Go to orbilogin.com and check your settings 

Make sure you are on a WIFI channel with less traffic on it. You can check this with a program like NetSpot.

Under Advance > Advanced Settings > Wireless Settings Uncheck "Enable 20/40 MHz Coexistence" and "Enable Daisy-Chain Topology", Check "Enable WMM (Wi-Fi multimedia) settings", "Enable Implicit BEAMFORMING - Boosts WiFi speed, reliabili...

Message 2 of 7
PhantomMarth
Aspirant

I just did that. After I restarted router, I still get the same speeds. My Iphone get 380 and so does my pc.

Message 3 of 7
Mstrbig
Master

Is the network cable connected to your PC cat5 cat5e cat6? If cat5, try at least cat5e. 

Message 4 of 7
PhantomMarth
Aspirant

I purchased a cat6 from micro center not too long ago already.

Message 5 of 7
Mstrbig
Master

@PhantomMarth wrote:

I purchased a cat6 from micro center not too long ago already.

Do you have any other device you can wire for testing purposes?

Message 6 of 7
PhantomMarth
Aspirant

Sadly I do not.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements