Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: PC and Printer on same Satellite Print Error

SkyGod
Aspirant

PC and Printer on same Satellite Print Error

I have a desktop computer as well as an all in one printer in my home office.  They are on the far side of the house from the router (RBR-750 Wifi 6) so I have them both connected directly to same the satellite (RBS-750) WiFi 6 wasn't listed in chat model list).  I can see both on the network.  I can print fine from my wifi connected laptop, but when I try to print from the desktop i get a error everytime.  Are there any firewall or other issues I could be checking?  Windows troubleshooter does not report any issues.

Model: RBS40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

@SkyGod wrote:

I have a desktop computer as well as an all in one printer in my home office.  They are on the far side of the house from the router (RBR-750 Wifi 6) so I have them both connected directly to same the satellite (RBS-750) WiFi 6 wasn't listed in chat model list).  I can see both on the network.  I can print fine from my wifi connected laptop, but when I try to print from the desktop i get a error everytime.  Are there any firewall or other issues I could be checking?  Windows troubleshooter does not report any issues.

Yes, it is a constant annoyance that the Netgear forum list of products has not been updated to include newer devices. It saves a lot of time that you thought to identify the Orbi in the original post.

Would be helpful to know what error message is reported on the desktop.

Are both the desktop and laptop the same type of computer (Linux, Mac, Windows)?

Do other activities involving the printer function as they should?  For example, checking ink levels, scanning, looking for firmware updates?

As a confirmed "Old Guy", I like to ensure that once a computer has 'found' my printer, the printer will always be at that IP address.  I use the Orbi web interface, Advanced Tab, Setup, LAN Setup to allocate an IP address to the MAC address of the printer.  Since my printer already had received 192.168.1.4 when I got around to this step, I just used that IP address. And, I also made sure that  the range of IP addresses given out by DHCP does not include any of the IP addresses that I have "assigned".

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX With Cable Modem products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi with cable modem and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-with-Built-in-Cable-Modem/bd-p/en-home-orbi-cable

Thank you.

Message 2 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

@SkyGod wrote:

Yes, it is a constant annoyance that the Netgear forum list of products has not been updated to include newer devices. It saves a lot of time that you thought to identify the Orbi in the original post.

Would be helpful to know what error message is reported on the desktop.

Are both the desktop and laptop the same type of computer (Linux, Mac, Windows)?

Do other activities involving the printer function as they should?  For example, checking ink levels, scanning, looking for firmware updates?

As a confirmed "Old Guy", I like to ensure that once a computer has 'found' my printer, the printer will always be at that IP address.  I use the Orbi web interface, Advanced Tab, Setup, LAN Setup to allocate an IP address to the MAC address of the printer.  Since my printer already had received 192.168.1.4 when I got around to this step, I just used that IP address. And, I also made sure that  the range of IP addresses given out by DHCP does not include any of the IP addresses that I have "assigned".

Message 3 of 5
SkyGod
Aspirant

Thank you I will bookmark the Orbi AX forum.

Message 4 of 5
SkyGod
Aspirant

Thank you.  I have been able to resolve the issue.  I completely uninstalled the printer and started over.  Everything works fine now.  Not sure why that didn't work the first time.  I appreciate the help.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7