Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

PROBLEMS ACTIVATING SERVICE CONTRACT TO ACTIVATE ROUTER RBR20

maria096
Aspirant

PROBLEMS ACTIVATING SERVICE CONTRACT TO ACTIVATE ROUTER RBR20

I'M HAVING A PROBLEM GETTING MY ROUTER ACTIVATED SO I CAN GET THE KEY.

HELP. I THOUGHT GETTING THIS ROUTER WAS GOING TO BE AN ASSET, BUT, IT IS TURNING INTO A NIGHTMARE.

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: PROBLEMS ACTIVATING SERVICE CONTRACT TO ACTIVATE ROUTER RBR20

I'm not sure exactly what you have going on here. What key do you need?  the RBR20 should connect to a modem/gateway device that your isp helps you setup. Once the gateway is setup, then you hook the rbr20 to it and go through setup.

What modem/gateway are you using?

Who's your ISP?

What steps have you taken so far so we know where you're getting stuck.

here's the manual for the RBR20 support site.

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBR20.aspx

Message 2 of 4
maria096
Aspirant

I have taken the time to check the ISP. I followed the instructions given in the tiny manual. The problem was that I needed to download some updates to complete the job.

I actually took the time to go back to my products page, the one I registered with the RBR20. The page that I was using was the one about the registration, showing the serial number, etc. Not only was I unable to download the supposedly needed ones, I was taken to another window to extend the service. I was very upset and disappointed about what it was happening.

I’ve always had hi regards for Netgear products. That was the reason in the first place now? I purchased the ORBI RBR20 router and satellite.
Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Even what you have said doesn't make much sense. 

If you're wanting to upgrade the firmware, you can manually do it through the device support page.

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBR20.aspx

The downloads button has the firmware and the documents page has the manual with how to manually update. Its fairly simple to do. And doesn't require going through the extended service at all.  Just the standard product support page.

If you get the device online, it does do automatically update. 

You didn't say what modem you use or if you could get online with the modem directly connected. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7