Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

PS4 Gaming issues

mmss
Follower

PS4 Gaming issues

I have Netgear Orbi RBK-23W. I have a PS4 and everytime I come back to my house from my apartment, my in game chat doesn't work.  I can't hear people and they can't hear me. However, whenever I'm at my apartment there are no issues at all, everything works perfectly fine. At my apartment I have the google mesh wifi system and my house has the Netgear Orbi RBK-23W mesh system. When I came home yesterday, I decided to google the issue I am having as Netgear technical support has provided no help, they are absolutely atrocius. I saw on a discussion thread many people were having the same issue as me, that Netgear Orbi was blocking in game chat. A response I saw which worked was to set up a primary and secondary DNS 1.1.1.1 and 9.9.9.9 accordingly. I did that and it thankfully worked at first, I was so happy! 
However about 2-3 games later, I am back to the same issue. I have also noticed that my game occasionally lags and or sometimes I lose connection. Aside from this, my laptop, phone and all the other devices connected in my house have not had an issue. Can anyone please provide me with 
any recommendations or advice on what I could do please? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! 

I am beyond fed up with this issue and Netgear has provided awful customer service. They stated that I have to contact the headset company, which is a joke.
Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: PS4 Gaming issues

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?
Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?

@mmss wrote:

I have Netgear Orbi RBK-23W. I have a PS4 and everytime I come back to my house from my apartment, my in game chat doesn't work.  I can't hear people and they can't hear me. However, whenever I'm at my apartment there are no issues at all, everything works perfectly fine. At my apartment I have the google mesh wifi system and my house has the Netgear Orbi RBK-23W mesh system. When I came home yesterday, I decided to google the issue I am having as Netgear technical support has provided no help, they are absolutely atrocius. I saw on a discussion thread many people were having the same issue as me, that Netgear Orbi was blocking in game chat. A response I saw which worked was to set up a primary and secondary DNS 1.1.1.1 and 9.9.9.9 accordingly. I did that and it thankfully worked at first, I was so happy! 
However about 2-3 games later, I am back to the same issue. I have also noticed that my game occasionally lags and or sometimes I lose connection. Aside from this, my laptop, phone and all the other devices connected in my house have not had an issue. Can anyone please provide me with 
any recommendations or advice on what I could do please? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! 

I am beyond fed up with this issue and Netgear has provided awful customer service. They stated that I have to contact the headset company, which is a joke.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: PS4 Gaming issues

Any progress on this? 

@mmss wrote:

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7