Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

PS4 Refusing to connect to Orbi RBK50 WiFi - Alternate solution

gpburdell22032
Follower

PS4 Refusing to connect to Orbi RBK50 WiFi - Alternate solution

I recently purchased an RBK50 and in the process of setting up devices encountered an issue where the PS4 would issue an error on attempting to connect. In reviewing the forums here I found "PS4 Refusing to connect to Orbi WiFi"; however, that solution suggested rolling back the firmware. 

I found that setting up a static IP for the PS4 on the Orbi resolved the issue for me, and I could connect through the easy setup of the PS4. Setting up the static IP was performed on the Orbi's web interface by going to Advanced/Setup/Lan Setup/Address Reservation. I entered the PS4 MAC address obtained for its wifi by reviewing this within the PS4 internet connection setup. My current firmware v2.2.1.210.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 3
Chuck_M
Mentor

Re: PS4 Refusing to connect to Orbi RBK50 WiFi - Alternate solution

I recommend updating your firmware to .32 version.  Instructions in these forums if you need them.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: PS4 Refusing to connect to Orbi RBK50 WiFi - Alternate solution

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.

What WPA security modes are you using?

Try enableding Beamforming and MIMO.

Try disabling the following and see:
Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

@gpburdell22032 wrote:

I recently purchased an RBK50 and in the process of setting up devices encountered an issue where the PS4 would issue an error on attempting to connect. In reviewing the forums here I found "PS4 Refusing to connect to Orbi WiFi"; however, that solution suggested rolling back the firmware. 

I found that setting up a static IP for the PS4 on the Orbi resolved the issue for me, and I could connect through the easy setup of the PS4. Setting up the static IP was performed on the Orbi's web interface by going to Advanced/Setup/Lan Setup/Address Reservation. I entered the PS4 MAC address obtained for its wifi by reviewing this within the PS4 internet connection setup. My current firmware v2.2.1.210.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7