Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

PS4 having upload speed issues on Orbi RBS50

Magnolialilyave
Follower

PS4 having upload speed issues on Orbi RBS50

My PlayStation 4 is having issues with it's upload speed. I have AT&T Fiber and I'm supposed to get 1000mbps. The download speed ranges from 250-300mbps but the upload speed will not go above 2mbps which is causing my games to lag. No one else in the house seems to have trouble with buffering. I had the AT&T technican come out and test it three different ways and he couldn't get the upload speed to change. I even went as far as to buy a new PlayStation 4 Pro and the same thing is still happening. Anyone else have any similar issues?
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: PS4 having upload speed issues on Orbi RBS50

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Is the PS cosole wired or wireless connected to the RBR? 

Do you get to spec speeds with other devices like a wired PC connected to the RBR? 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Circle, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?

@Magnolialilyave wrote:
My PlayStation 4 is having issues with it's upload speed. I have AT&T Fiber and I'm supposed to get 1000mbps. The download speed ranges from 250-300mbps but the upload speed will not go above 2mbps which is causing my games to lag. No one else in the house seems to have trouble with buffering. I had the AT&T technican come out and test it three different ways and he couldn't get the upload speed to change. I even went as far as to buy a new PlayStation 4 Pro and the same thing is still happening. Anyone else have any similar issues?

Model: A6100|WiFi USB Mini Adapter
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7