Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

PS4 wont properly connect to Router even with an ethernet cable

czahl
Follower

PS4 wont properly connect to Router even with an ethernet cable

So I have a ps4, like many others. But as I try to connect it to my orbi wifi extender with an ethernet cable or just through wireless, I doesn't connect. I dont understand why it keeps having this problem. On the Orbi App whenever I open it and my ps4 is connected to the router but not connected to internet itself, I can't find any way to fix this. Please help me and thank you! 

Model: RBS50Y|High Performance AC3000 Outdoor WiFi Mesh Extender and Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 2
Mstrbig
Master

Re: PS4 wont properly connect to Router even with an ethernet cable

@czahl wrote:

So I have a ps4, like many others. But as I try to connect it to my orbi wifi extender with an ethernet cable or just through wireless, I doesn't connect. I dont understand why it keeps having this problem. On the Orbi App whenever I open it and my ps4 is connected to the router but not connected to internet itself, I can't find any way to fix this. Please help me and thank you! 

This is usually not an Orbi issue. I have 2 PS4s connected as well as an Xbox One.

Try unplugging the router, satellite and PS4, then plug them back in starting with router first, then satellite, then PS4. Are you trying to assingn a static IP or are you letting the Orbi designate the IP address? Sometimes PS4 needs certain ports open. Do an internet search for reasons why you are not connecting. If your Orbi router is behind another router you may need to open certain ports (TCP: 80, 443, 1935, 3478-3480, UDP: 3478-3479)

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7