Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Painting outdoor satellite

DENNISO
Follower

Painting outdoor satellite

Can you paint an outdoor orbi satellite to blend in with the house?

Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Painting outdoor satellite

WiFi signals penetrate interior walls consisting of two sheets of gypsum board with (usually latex) paint on both sides, maybe more than one coat plus primer.  The signal already penetrates the plastic case of the satellite.  In my house, they go through several walls.  To reach your satellite, signals may also penetrate brick, wood, or stucco.

My guess is that (non-metallic) paint on the side of the Orbi satellite facing outward will reduce signal strength and coverage, but probably not enough to measure.  And, if you find the satellite no longer works correctly, paint should peal off the slick plastic pretty easily.

I think people would appreciate knowing how it turns out for you.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Painting outdoor satellite

If you paint, i would use a spray paint. Just understand that if you do paint the unit, this may void warranty as if the unit would need to be returned due to a future problem, I don't think NG would accept it back due to a change in color and paint job. Smiley Frustrated

@DENNISO wrote:

Can you paint an outdoor orbi satellite to blend in with the house?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7