Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Pandora won't stream

tripleg
Aspirant

Pandora won't stream

I just installed an Orbi system with 2 satellites yesterday.  Now when I try to play Pandora via WiFi, it queues up a song, never plays and instead cycles to the next.  ad infinitum.  I've already rebooted everything including my AT&T 210 modem (gigabit fiber).   It will stream fine if I turn the AT&T wifi back on and turn off Orbi, anyone seen this problem.

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Pandora won't stream

Try option 3 then. 

@tripleg wrote:

I'm not able to use IP passthru as I have that already dedicated to another system that requires a WAN IP.  Therefore if this is the only way it will work then I will need to return this product as it won't work

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware is currently loaded?

Modem Combo Units:
This would be a double NAT condition which isn't recommended. https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ/ExposedHost or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router. https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop

@tripleg wrote:

I just installed an Orbi system with 2 satellites yesterday.  Now when I try to play Pandora via WiFi, it queues up a song, never plays and instead cycles to the next.  ad infinitum.  I've already rebooted everything including my AT&T 210 modem (gigabit fiber).   It will stream fine if I turn the AT&T wifi back on and turn off Orbi, anyone seen this problem.

Message 2 of 6
tripleg
Aspirant

I'm not able to use IP passthru as I have that already dedicated to another system that requires a WAN IP.  Therefore if this is the only way it will work then I will need to return this product as it won't work

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Try option 3 then. 

@tripleg wrote:

Message 4 of 6
tripleg
Aspirant

thankyou after changing to AP mode it's working 

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Your ISP modem is the issue with already having a router online so two routers causes problems. DMZ or IP Passthrough fixes this however since you have that for something else, AP mode is the fix for your configuration.. 

Enjoy. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7