Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Parental Controls

kigp
Tutor

Parental Controls

I have set parental control time limits on my RBR50 but they do not work. I don't want the bullroar disney control I just want my router to shut off at a specific time on school nights. is the Orbi unable to do this? If so, bad on Netgear. I am not going to pay 90 bucks to talk to these people when I already spent good money for what I thought was a good router system. after 90 days you have to pay up? Bullroar!

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
kigp
Tutor

Re: Parental Controls

Re-booted my orbi and selected add in block services. Now I get a list and options for blocking. I do not know why the add did not work before. I am going to try and will get back to the forum if it still does not work.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
SW_
Prodigy
Prodigy

@kigp, you can still achieve this without Mickey, but Orbi limits you to a single schedule, i.e., block internet for a particular device(s) every school night between 5:00PM-10:00PM, except weekend.  If you need multiple schedules to block more than one time slots, then it's not possible with vanila Orbi.

Message 2 of 4
kigp
Tutor

I have a single schedule and wish to stop all router activity from 10 PM to 4 AM on school nights. I do not use genie, simply log into my orbi. I have enabled standard parental controls. I have completed the schedule for days to limit and entered the start and stop blocking time. I have also enabled services blocking and selected "as per table". However nothing happens when I click on services table. Also, if I select "edit services" it looks like I should have services to edit come up but the window says failure at the upper left where block services is normally shown. The list is empty. My firmware is up to date. Am I missing something?

Message 3 of 4
kigp
Tutor

Re-booted my orbi and selected add in block services. Now I get a list and options for blocking. I do not know why the add did not work before. I am going to try and will get back to the forum if it still does not work.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7