Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Parental / Device Controls

jvanstone12
Tutor

Parental / Device Controls

Will this device include Parental / device controls in the backend? A router without it is useless in our house, as during homework times we have to control who uses the internet at what times for the kids to keep them focused on tasks. Is there a place we can view a sample of the backend user interface?

Message 1 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Parental / Device Controls

Hello jvanstone12

Yes the Orbi will have parental controls. And we not have a place to view the GUI yet but we should have a manual soon to look at that.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 7

the question is are you talking about parental controls or just acces control of firewall rules

the actual parental control is set by opendns ands sort of works but is easily bypassed if the kids know how and your not actually watching them

if however you just want to block internet access by time based schedule its already available

go to the gui and click on the advanced tab

select security and schedule

first ensure the Time zone  is set correctly for your region etc

then

set the time you want the internet blocked

next go to security / access control

turn on access control

select which devices you want blocked

click the block button and then click apply

this should block the devices at the required time from accessing the internet

pete

Message 3 of 7
andreapdx
Aspirant

Peteytesting:  

You said " if however you just want to block internet access by time based schedule its already available

go to the gui and click on the advanced tab" 

Which GUI?  

Thanks,

Andreapdx

Message 4 of 7
andreapdx
Aspirant

Did you get an answer to your question?  I want the same functionality but can't figure out a way to do it. 

Thanks.  

Message 5 of 7
jvanstone12
Tutor

Sorry,

I ended up purchasing a Linksys AC3200 router instead, so I'm not able to answer your question. With the Linksys I am able to login using the Android app and set usage times per device.

Message 6 of 7
andreapdx
Aspirant

Thanks for the info.  I might end up returning the ORBI and doing the same thing.  Parental Controls and access time control should be standard in a home router and using OpenDNS just is not on par with what is out there.  Apple has had this feature for a decade...sorry they are leaving the wifi router market.  

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7