Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Password Recovery Issue - wrong questions - Orbi Account

Reges2
Follower

Password Recovery Issue - wrong questions - Orbi Account

Hello All:

We have an Orbi account, but it will not accept our password. When we initiate the steps for passsword recovery, we can get to the security questions.  However, the questions are not ones that we set and they do not make sense for us. For example, it asks the name of my youngest sister.  Neither I nor my wife has a sister.  We would have never used that quesitons???  We want to call techinical support, but it says that we can't call after 90 days unless we pay some large fee.  We are simply trying to set restrictions for our children.  So Frustrating!!!  Can anyone help?

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Password Recovery Issue - wrong questions - Orbi Account

Wire connect a PC to the router and factory reset the router using the back push pin button. Hold it in until the top led turns on AMBER then let go. Wait for the WHITE led to slowly pulsate, then log in to orbilogin.com using a web browser and walk thru the setup wizard. This time write down all important information for safe keeping later on.

Message 2 of 3

Re: Password Recovery Issue - wrong questions - Orbi Account

There is a bug in some devices in Netgear's implementation of password recovery. You can get locked into a close loop.

If password recovery is enabled, but you have not set the answers to the questions, it keeps sending you back to the beginning of the process because you can't answer the questions.

If the standard factory password (password) does not work, then you will have to factory reset the thing to get back to that. Then either disable password recovery (check the manual for your device) or provide some answers to those questions.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7