Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Password Recovery does not work Orbi RBK53

leahkushner
Aspirant

Password Recovery does not work Orbi RBK53

Help!   I set up the RBK53.  I then went on my browser to get online and my security passwords did not work.  I assumed it was my fault transposing the letters.  I then reinstalled everything all over again with the technician online.   I reset the security questions and even double, triple, checked the questions and spelling.  I took a picture of it this time.  I now tried to get online.   I put in the serial number for the router but the passwords did not work.  I now see that others are having the same problem.  So there is some sort of glitch with the system????  They said to manually uninstall the security passwords.  I have no idea how to do this.  I just want to enjoy my network!   I already have to send back the outdoor satellite that did not turn on.  ZOOM is dropping and I want to make some of the suggested changes using my browser.  Please help.   Leah

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Password Recovery does not work Orbi RBK53

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Wire connect a PC to the router and factory reset the router using the back push pin button. Hold it in until the top led turns on AMBER then let go. Power OFF the ISP modem for 30 seconds than back on. Wait for the WHITE led to slowly pulsate on top of the RBR, then log in to orbilogin.com using a web browser and walk thru the setup wizard. This time write down all important information for safe keeping later on.

30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7