Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Password Reset

natashain2
Follower

Password Reset

Hello!  I am needing to reset the password on my wifi, because my son is having a hard time waking up in the morning, and this is something that needs to be taken away from him for a few days, until he gets his act together.  (I really am a nice mom, I promise 🙂 

I need to know if there is a way to change it for a few days, and then go back to the original password?  And, how do you do that?

Thank You!!!!

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes you can change it ON the Orbi router. Need to log into the Orbi routers web page and go into Wireless Settings under Basic and change the PW there. Once you feel he's ready for access again you can change it back. This will change the PW access for ALL devices however. 

You can try using parental controls as well and limit his access or even block his device while giving access to others with out having to change the PW on the wireless...

Message 2 of 4
ekhalil
Master

@FURRYe38 wrote:

You can try using parental controls as well and limit his access or even block his device while giving access to others with out having to change the PW on the wireless...

You can also use the Netgear "Circle with Disney" app which is a very useful functionality in Orbi.

Using Circle you can set limitations on your kids' use of internet. Among other things, you can set which services they can access at what times of the day. You can also get statistics that shows you how they are using internet. Here is a list of features you can get out of Circle:

IMG-1532.JPG

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7