Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Password entered is correct but devices are being given incorrect password error

PJLLMcMullan
Follower

Password entered is correct but devices are being given incorrect password error

We have developed an issue where the password entered on the device we are trying to connect to WiFi is correctly entered but we are consistently being given error that password is incorrect. This is also kicking my home security system off line amongst other issues.  I have changed the password twice.  I have the updated firmware. I have a router and two satellites. Any ideas from the community?  

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Password entered is correct but devices are being given incorrect password error

Does this password problem affect one device, or all devices?

Please eplain "kicking security system off line".  My home security system has both cell phone and WiFi connections.  Once the Orbi WiFi SSID was selected on the keypad and the password entered (a chore with only a numeric keypad) the security system has remained connected for months, despite the WiFi being rebooted many times.  Did this security system get connected correctly at least one time?

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Password entered is correct but devices are being given incorrect password error

What FW version is currently loaded?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7